AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Before we can even breathe after sir Alfonso released his current biggest ISS part, he added the STS-102 payload already!!!

that was fast! :-D

edit - I made a mistake with the mission designation... sorry guys!
  2. AXM61

AXM61 Member

That was the STS-102 payload.I'm getting closer to So truss but before that the Space station robot arm and Quest coming up next.

3. Hans Christian

woops!!! man I must be tired... didn't noticed that... :-D sorry!!!
  4. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone in on how the ISS project is coming along, I have worked on it here and there as time allowed. I am sorry to say but I have just about givin up on designing my own pieces for it. It is just a little above my head as it is. So in my spare time, I worked on the ATV and Harmony just to get a few bits and pieces out of the way. I plan on making the current modular arrangement and I'll get see what I can do about the Truss. As the pictures point out here, I used Ton's ATV and Alfonso's Node 2. Their models fit together greatly with Forteza's ISS very well. I would just like to say to Alfonso, that you have made a great model so far and I look forward to building the other pieces that come along. Hopefully the Truss will come along soon so I can get this station current. Anyone out there looking to do an ISS that is easy and has great detail, check out Alfonso's site.

It is truely an amazing site and I urge anyone to go take a look around.:D

here are some pics:
  5. Hans Christian

wow... they fit way better than I thought...

thanks for posting buddy, now I have one more good reason to proceed with the upscaling of sir Alfonso's modules!!! :-D
  6. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

wow great work...I am only now realising how huge the European ATV actually is...we done Europe

John John
  7. Hans Christian

I agree sir... it's bigger than I thought...

Hats off to ESA... And I hope the ATV will mark the start of the future manned spaceflight of ESA... :-D
  8. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

woah...that is an extremely clean build! hat of to you sir underwood06:D
  9. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Thank you for the incredible Comment. I have put much time into this model. I think about a week each module. I have actually been getting faster tho and have cut my time for a module just about in half and now down to a day or two. I am looking to add Columbus here soon (I am working on it right now) and then I hope to get PIRS DC soon ( I am going to try my best at a small scratch-build for the time being) So I it is coming along. I am not actually going to attach the modules from harmony and forward or the ATV back until I get all of the others finished. I have been building this model in order from the start. I began with Zarya then Unity, Zvezda, Z1,P6 Destiny, and Quest. Now I am just building the available pieces until I can find a Truss out there somewhere. I'll make sure to update and get pictures as I progress. It is all going good for now so hopefully it wont reenter and burn up on me while I'm hot (haha)
    Thanks for the Comment.
  10. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Yes the ATV's size amazed me for quite a bit but after many photo references it matches what it is supposed to be compared to the Apollo CSM and the Russian Soyuz. It is an amazing vehicle which if modified correctly could serve as a great manned vehicle to fill the United States Gap between programs. Just hope the Proposal get's thru about switching to an MTV. just thinking about it now, it would be the second space vehicle that would serve as a supply vehicle alone, and as a manned vehicle. ATV-to-MTV; and the Soyuz-to-Progress Well enough of my rambling, I have to work on Columbus.
  11. Hans Christian

yah... I really do hope the MTV pushes through... NASA's already scratching heads about how to fill that "gap"... including extending the retirement date of the Shuttle until the first manned flight of Orion...
  12. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I would really love to see them extend the shuttle. It is a great spacecraft and has done alot for us. I just wish once they are finally done, they would leave a pad up to keep the history alive. I would also like to see the plan for the LUT to go thru, no piece of history is complete without the one part that made it possible. I wonder what will become of Hanz and Franz when the next program gets under way.
  13. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Hey there, it is now time for me to show my progress on Columbus. I have worked all through the night and I just have to finish the external experiments. Well I am afraid to say after this post. I will be a bit slow on the other modules afterwards. I unfortunately have to take Summer School for Geometery which is not that easy. So I hope you all enjoy and keep an eye out for the next post.

14. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Looking good. I can't wait to get back to building mine.
  15. Hans Christian

Your build just keeps getting better and better!!! Very inspirational!!!

remember to apply some of your lessons in your builds, they can be of great help at crucial times... :-D
  16. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

haha, don't thank me. It is all thanks to Alfonso, had he not designed the modules I wouldn't be this far. So most of the credit has to go to him for the great designing. Now I don't understand what you mean by my lessons. I just build them like everyone else. But if you have any questions regarding the build I'd be happy to answer.
  17. Hans Christian

well about those "lessons", there was one time that I was scratching my head about how to get the accurate measurement of the truss beams that hold the P/S-3 and P/S-4 truss together when I was building the 1/300 model that I have here, I tried to apply my math lessons, especially geometry and trigonometry, and to my relief, I got every single measurement just right :-D
  18. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Well unfortunately I don't know much about geometry and trig, because I am going to Summer School tomorrow just for that.
  19. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

great build !! im looking forward to the iss being fully realeased as a p.m i willl then start building her then :)
  20. gregmclaren

gregmclaren gregmclaren

Hi!what a job Underwoodl! All is perfect:thumb:! Could you tell me please how do you do to put in the right scale (1/100) the modules of the AXM paper model's site ( when I did it with harmony, pixels were too visible (not perfect lines...:curse:)) ?Or could you send me please by private message the modified sheet of columbus? It could be so fun and nice! See you and still congratulations!