AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Wow, that is a really nice and clean build. Definitely cleaner than mine I have to admit. I see you switched out the four main boxes on the zenith and nadir faces. It looks fantastic. I wish you a great outcome on the the other trusses.
  2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Im ahving way too much fun with this kit.

I strengthened the inside of the Destiny module with Foam Card disks and a tubular section inside the skin, I knew from previous experience that this would be the back bone and so its all about beefing up this section.

The Truss Braces are wrapped around wood dowel and thenhave a 1/2 inch section of florist wire drilled & Super glued into each end to anchor in place. I then dipped each of them in super glue before inserting them to their pre drilled holes. Im delighted to report that it is ROCK SOLID....

I suppose over all credit goes to NASA but Alfonso's execution deerves as much credit.

Well done and thanks to all of them...

Now onto Unity....

Attached Files:

3. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Nice Solution to supporting the full weight of a fully constructed I.S.S John John:thumb::thumb:
    I might have to pinch your idea using foam board and dowells when I start my I.S.S 1/96 build :twisted:

4. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

You know what, you ought to show this to astronauts that have been to the station when you're finished with your model. They'd probably love to look all over it and point out what sections they worked in or parts on the exterior they've repaired and such. And they'd probably be amazed at the detail you've achieved with paper. :thumb:
  5. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I dunno if that was aimed for me or everyone building a model but its pretty hard to bump into astronauts over here in Ireland, As mentioned earlier in the thread I did meet Dan Tani but I had to run from one side of the city to the other...hence the awful photo...

Anyway at some point I will be unable to cart a 1/35 scale ISS around the place...Fracking Solar Panels :(

About 4 years ago I did meet Eileen Collins (I was too shy to ask for a pic) and about 11 years ago I also met Neil Armstrong...

I do have a plan in the works for adding something special to this kit but its long term so I will have to just build what I can till then...but keep an eye out for it

John John
  6. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Hey guys,
    Checkout the new wing set up for Alfonso's orbiters. Same wings new interior structure!
  7. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

"in preparation for STS-125 coming soon! "

Waaayyy too cool

John John
  8. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Man... It's anybody's guess now how much sir Alfonso's work will improve!!! :twisted:

And Richard de Vries' wing support was a very smart idea!!!

I think we may even see somebody attempting to actually fly one of sir Alfonso's Shuttles now... :twisted:
  9. asroc

asroc New Member

Hey everyone, here is my Node 3 lighted version first is the open deflector cupola then on the module itself i made a pull away cover to access the battery. a battery no bigger than a AAA should work, I tryed a AA and the cover doesnt go back on. last is the module as a whole i tryed to get some pictures in the dark with it lit but you cant make out what your looking at and as for weight its lite enough when attached to the station not to snag. Enjoy

Attached Files:

10. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Asroc, definitely a great job you have done with the design. I will have to try it for my model when I get to the point of Node 3 which will hopefully be added on in december of this year.
  11. asroc

asroc New Member

Thanks Underwoodl, I just finished it the day STS-125 launched and later that week i visited Goddard when they captured Hubble with the arm, it was alot of excitement that day. I hope you do well finishing the interior of your Node 3 looks good so far. :thumb::thumb::mrgreen: and a big thanks to sir alfonso for the model stands im not displaying crooked anymore.
  12. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Loving this kit....

Just threw the SSRM and balanced it for a quick view, Ill have to get Dextre assembled soon...

Best of Luck to the STS-125 crew on their trip home

John John

Attached Files:

13. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

The Mobile Base System

Just threw this puppy together, Very intricate and a challenger to find out what parts I would strengthen, Spray glued to Mounting Board as required.

Glued now to the S0 Truss

Attached Files:

14. dhanners

dhanners Member

It seems with each new photo, I become more and more impressed with the stunning work you've put into this project. Wow....
  15. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Perhaps NASA has a forum? In any case, I didn't notice your were from Ireland. I guess I see NYC as New York City and then glaze over the rest of your idents. :oops: I can't wait to see this complete however. It's looking absolutely fantastic!
  16. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to start out telling you that Alfonso has Officially made me part of his team. I am his BETA tester. I am honored to be part of his team. Over the last month and a little longer we have been working on a GREAT model for STS-125. We have both been busy with personal life and hope you understand the long wait for the next model. But I think you will all be VERY impressed with the STS-125 model. I am attaching two preview pictures of the coming model. The first one is of the very nice looking ORUC, the second one is of the very nice SLIC. Hope you enjoy them.

The current hope is for a release this weekend but do not hold us to that as anything can change.

Attached Files:

17. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Hello everyone.
    The AXM team does apologize for not having a release last weekend. I got VERY busy with the STS-127 mission so now that that has slowed down I hope to be able to finish it very soon. Alfonso and I do have a surprise to come with the STS-125 model so I am sorry to say that the model will not be released this weekend. But I do hope you will all understand and I think you all will be very happy with the final result.
  18. jparenti

jparenti Member

I think I speak for everyone when I say that these models are coming at a furious pace, and that they are more beautiful than we could hope. Take your time guys. We'll be here waiting no matter what.
    I really can't wait to get mine finished. :D
  19. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi guys,

It's been a long time since my last post. I've been updating my ISS and now the truss is almost complete.
    Here are a few photos of the P3P4 truss soon to be released.
    Enjoy them.

Attached Files:

20. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Outstanding work (but it's not work, is it).