AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Hi sir!!!

Just keep your normal pace and take it one at a time, like spaceboy said, you have already exceeded everyone's expectations...

Thanks for making our jaws drop everytime!!! jawdrop
  2. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Alfonso is going fast. Harmony has been released!!!! He only has 3 modules left. Thanks Alfonso!:thumb:
  3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thank you, Alfonso!
    As some may think that after all this time Alfonso has released a revised version, this is a very good step in advancing the ISS construction, and/or the shuttle wirth the payloads.
    We are talking about excelling and commitment.
  4. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Well I have begun the revision of Harmony and haven't gotten far yet because I just got sidetracked by the thought of the idea of an interior in Node 3 with Cupola and a light so you have a bit of an inside view of the finished ISS.

So I took one of my first builds of Harmony and started throwing together an interior.

It isn't much but it does look like it could be a simple addition if someone would be willing to put it in a pdf and finalize the pieces.

My simple makeshift inside is a couple circles that just fit inside the inner area of the cylinder (one with a hatch for the aft hatch) and the wall in between both of those. The walls measure 3cm length x 3cm height (in this case it is shortened because of the hatches on all four sides) The rails for the hatches should be simple as well.

Like I said, just a simple build. Here are a couple pictures for clarification. Is anyone willing to make the shapes and put detail of the scientific and habitable racks on each wall and put it in a pdf at 1/100 scale so people could add an interior if they wish?.
    I dont have Adobe programs and I have no idea how I could even go about this project, but I know that there are people out there who have the tools and could throw it together quickly in no time. It would be greatly appreciated not only by myself but by others who would want to go that extra mile and put some 'guts' into Alfonso's wonderful ISS model.
  5. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi All:mrgreen:

:inw:SIR Alfonso has released his revised 'Columbus':twisted:
    Thank you, Alfonso!:goldcup:

6. AXM61

AXM61 Member

To all,

It's final, KIBO and JEM Logistic Module will not be modified.
    It's not worth to make both modules a little wider and having the length the same. At the eye, it won't be much of a difference.
    I'll move on with P3-P4, S3-S4, P5, S5 and Russian segment.

7. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Do you have a Schedule for A Progress or Soyuz anytime soon?

John John
  8. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Soyuz, Progress and PIRS will be available along with the Russian segment models.
  9. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Here is a GREAT picture of the S3 from Sir Alfonso!!! He has some great ideas that you will find out about with due time. I think this S3/S4 will be some of his best work!!

Attached Files:

10. Hans Christian

Nothing less from the ISS Guru... :inw:

11. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Node 3 or should I say "Tranquility" is scheduled to launch on December 10, 2009 and will house the Cupola module and "COLBERT" or Combined Operational Load Bearing External Resistance Treadmill.
    I think they picked a great name especially for the reason of honoring Apollo 11.

So chalk it up, we have 3 nodes with names now "Unity", "Harmony", and "Tranquility"
    It is no longer a mystery and I think because of this new naming, every module of the ISS in orbit or yet to launch has a name. (if I am wrong don't be too harsh and point it out. Just let me know.)

Attached Files:

12. Hans Christian

Just as I thought... the name colbert will appear... hahahahahahaha!!! :-D

Tranquility is a very nice name for Node 3... :-D
  13. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Has anyone heard from Alfonso? I have sent him a couple emails the past week or so and have not gotten a response? I am not trying to ask about the models, just checking with him.
  14. joeblow321

joeblow321 Member

Are they going to name the cupola?
  15. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

OT but is anyone else dying to see what his Hubble will look like? With STS-125 coming up I think the same Payload would do for the Hubble Launch and previous servicing missions...with the Updated Solar Panels etc...

But Im sure thats a long way off...

John John
  16. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Well all I can say is the STS-125 will be one of a kind!
  17. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I think it will remain Cupola instead of giving it a proper name. Who knows, it could very well be named something but I don't think that it will. If they were I am sure they would have named it at the same time as Node 3 since they are going together.
  18. joeblow321

joeblow321 Member

Thanks for the info.
  19. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Rainy Saturday Morning in Ireland

Its a miserable rainy day here in Ireland so Ive been rolling with my S0 Truss.

Nice kit, tons of lovely intricate details for me to spend time on,

Well Done Mr. Alfonso

Attached Files:

20. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

And this is it "finished" once I get a Destiny built I will work on the attachments... I like it

Thanks for looking

John John

Attached Files: