AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I think I know... :twisted:

sir Alfonso, thanks for the NASA link!!! will check it out later! :-D
  2. Hans Christian

Just as I thought!!! the STS-119 mission!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! bounce7
  3. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Just so everyone knows. There is a fix for the P6 Truss. It fixes the Solar Array Canisters to better support it and to allow room for the P5 and S5 on the S3/S4 and the P3/P5. Click on the fix on the mission page and it has a manual that explains it.:thumb:
  4. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Drats this time delay being in Europe....

Looking forward to the release

John John
  5. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

STS-119 Launch Successful!!!!!!!:mrgreen:
    It has also been released on AXM!!!!!!!!!!:twisted:
  6. Hans Christian

FINALLY!!! The mission that I've been waiting for YEARS to fly!!!

Hey spaceboy, did you had good views of the launch there? :twisted:
  7. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

I'm over in Tampa and it was my BEST view I have ever had. Perfectly clear sky's!!
    Good luck everyone on the new model!:thumb:
  8. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Finally after a month of delay, she is up!! Good Luck to the crew of STS 119!!!
  9. Hans Christian

And here's sir Alfonso's release!!!

Come and get it!!! :twisted:
  10. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

My STS-119 bounce7

Attached Files:

11. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

wow! that was fast. It Looks great!! :D
  12. AXM61

AXM61 Member

To Spaceboy,

Congratulations, you are showing your talent here. Very nice and clean build. I like it!
  13. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Hey Alfonso, how'd the launch look from your place? I bet it was a good view. :D
  14. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Checkout his site under the release picture.:mrgreen:
    It is amazing that you can actually see it from almost all of Florida. I saw it from where I live almost as clear as he did in the Tampa area.:yep:
  15. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Yes, the view I had from outside my house was great, that's why I took a picture for my website. I can't imagine how it will be the real thing at KSC. One day, one day.
    My brother who lives in Miami called me to find out what time was the launch. So, lucky him he has a perfect open view of the northern horizon. He took his family and over the phone I was giving him the update of the launch, and the countdown. Then I told him that Discovery just launched and be ready to see anything unusual in the clear sky. He finally saw it! It was his first time, even from that distance being in Miami, I could here him screaming of joy over the phone. He then said that a lot of other people driving by all of sudden stopped and also watched in disbelief the orange plume going up. They couldn't believe it was the Shuttle.
    It was great. What a beautiful vehicle it is.

16. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I hope that I can get a view from KSC for a launch before the shuttle is retired. I agree it is a beautiful vehicle and it would definitely be alot more surreal to see it up close from just a couple miles out. I'll have to plan ahead and see what I can do. I just don't want to purchase a ticket and have it delayed for over a month or so and my ticket going to waste. Oh well I'll just have to keep an open mind.

Alfonso, I also have to say that is a really good photo of the plume. Something about a launch at sunset makes a perfect 'kodak moment' :D
  17. piginapoke

piginapoke Member

Apologies for the shuttle related question in the ISS thread.

I'm just finishing the Columbia orbiter from the AXM website but want to go on and build Buran from Leo Cherkashyn's website. However the scales are different (AXM orbiter is 1:144, Leo's Buran is 1:96). To get them the same scale is it as simple a solution as I think it is to just print Leo's Buran at 67% of its original size?

18. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi Robin,

66.7% to get 1/96 to 1/144 scale
    150% to get 1/144 to 1/96
    hope this helps:confused:

19. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Don't hurt beyond what we can bear!!
  20. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Uh, sorry but could you please explain that?