AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. AXM61

AXM61 Member

That S1 of yours is better than mine!! I am smiling here and comparing mine with yours. Congratulations.
    I hope the group agrees with me. This kid does have talent. Just look at the CLEAN and PERFECT model he just build.

Well, the S3-S4 and P3-P4 are a big challenge. I am working on them. Because of their design, I need to make them strong enough.

Answering Spaceboy's question. It is very important to have a cutting mat when using the craft knife.
    Keep up the good work guys.

2. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Thanks for the quick reply.:mrgreen: Do you or any of the great modelers(everyone here) know of a good mat and where I could get one(Florida)? I would like it if it wasn't super expensive as I am trying to save my money for the remaining models up to STS-126.

Thanks for all of your guys help!:wave:
  3. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I am glad that it has turned out well. As for building it perfectly, I don't think I did. I want to remake the radiator because I just couldn't get the braces to line up on the center of each panel. Hope to see the S3/S4 P/P4 soon Alfonso. But do take your time.
    Thanks again for the nice comments.

Spaceboy- All I can recommend, that has workd for me, is to cut the walls starting at the corner. Don't try going all the way thru the layers of card in one cut because then you risk bending the whole frame and you'll have to start all over. Start cutting from the corner and then flip it and cut the opposite way from the adjacent corner so you get a clean cut at the corners. I hope this helps. The best advice of all is Don't Rush!! The more time you take, it won't help to try your speed. Take your time and be patient, believe me, you'll see it pay off in your work. :D
  4. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Sir John!!! That's one cool Quest!!! (hmmm... 1/32 scale? :twisted: )

Lucas... We all agree, that's one crisply built truss there... almost like the real one!!!
  5. Hans Christian

6. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

the S3 looks great. Can't wait until the full feature. S3/4

Anyways, I am letting everyone know that the P1 will be finished this weekend.
    I also would like to let everyone who doesn't currently know that there is a naming contest going on for Node 3 at:

I submitted 'Eternity' to say that our exploration of bringing together (Unity) and living together (Harmony) will never end and we shall continue to explore the endless bounds of the universe while we can.

Also. I would like to add that the info posted says that Node 3 will be docked to the Port side of 'Unity', The previous thought of having it on the Nadir side. The ISS is changing and it is cool to keep track of it.
  7. Hans Christian

Eternity sounds great, and your reason is meaningful as well...

I sure hope it will be picked :twisted:
  8. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I surely hope it makes it to the final suggestion team as a choice. And if it were to make the final cut and be officially named 'Eternity', that would explain how long I'd be in shock and happyness.
  9. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

S0 complete. WOW that was a challenge. That was the hardest one yet but it looks amazing. Keep up the great work AXM and other modelers!:thumb:
  10. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

As Promised. I have pretty much completed the P1 truss this weekend. I now have to just finish up the antennas that go on them and that will be it to finish them off. I have uploaded a couple of photos. One showing the S1 and P1 right beside eachother and then I have uploaded the completed trusses that Alfonso has done a great job on!! Can't wait for the S3/4 and P3/4 trusses Alfonso!!
  11. dhanners

dhanners Member

Those are exceptionally clean builds. Can't wait to see the finished ISS....
  12. Hans Christian

Spaceboy and Lucas:

13. gpw

gpw Member

It is so impressive to follow this fantastic thread and to see the ISS growing. You all are doing a great job.

Lukas, your build is sensational. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

14. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Nice Build underwoodl06 :thumb:

I do have a questions. Do you guys suggest I build the P1 and th eS1 separately or both at the same time?

Thanks, I completed my SRMS and will start work on my MBS tomorrow afternoon but won't have much time to work on it. GREAT Models AXM:thumb:

15. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I worked on mine seperately, just to kep track of all of the parts and keep my mind on one project as it progressed. I think that it would be possible to work on both at the same time as long as the truss supports don't get mixed with each other and that all of the pieces are kept together as not to lose one.

It is your own preference whether or not you choose to build both one at a time or at the same time. Just dont rush and don't lose pieces or mix them up. Good luck.
  16. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Hey Guys
    Just wondering how the S3/S4 ... are coming along Alfonso?
    No rush I was just wondering:wave:
  17. Hans Christian

The S and P-3/4 ITSs are still being revised, currently its undergoing fitting tests for the payload bay... :-D
  18. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Sorry for the delay.
    I've been working on a very important project. It's still a secret. In a couple of days everybody will know about it.
    Hint: something for KIDS!

19. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Thanks for the update!
    Now what could it be?:rolleyes:

Your the BEST:mrgreen:
  20. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

BTW I am on the step on the P1 and S1 where you build the FHRC. I am a little mixed up as far as which tubes go on which piece?

Thanks for all the help. I think I will be finishing them this week. I got most of it done on Friday night. I stayed up until 4am! They are so addictive. On Friday night I got all the way to the step where you start adding the Nitro tanks in the inside.:mrgreen: