AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Another great release from Alfonso, downloaded and printed off. Can't start building till the weekend though, bit busy Training to be a driving instructor and got test on Friday, so most of my time is spent on that.
  2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Just purchased that baby, 17 pages of fun but the instructions?

Im sorry to ask, they will be forthcoming or did I frack up somehow?

Alfonso, your work is great... thank you

John John

Hey guess what I found...

Sorry its been a bad week....

John John
  3. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

No you're fine.
    It is on the mission page. :thumb:
    Good luck. I have looked at it and it looks like I am going to have a blast with it. Can't wait to get there. I am currently about to start Quest.:wave:
  4. AXM61

AXM61 Member

To the group,

The Instruction Manual (5 mb) for the S1 and P1 is not included in the file. It is available on both STS-112 and STS-113 mission pages at my website.
    I decided to put it separately, otherwise the file would've been much larger in size.

5. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

4 mins for you guys to answer...quick...very quick

6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

AXM Space Shuttle Models and ISS Segments

Dear Alfonso,

We have said it a couple of times before, but it certainly deserves to be repeated over and over;

THANK YOU for all the wonderful space shuttle and ISS models! - they really make space exploration come alive in 3-D. We are indebted and grateful to you for your amazing commitment and efforts to real space card modeling.

You are the man!
    Bengt :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  7. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

This is just something... I don't know what to say to you sir Alfonso... I'M NOT WORTHY :-D

8. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I am printing it right now and luckily I have just enough ink to print both trusses and radiators. I'm gonna have to get some ink here in a couple days to print the S3/S4- P3/P4 trusses when they come out.

They look great Alfonso and wish me luck on them.
  9. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

10. Hans Christian

those are some super works there spaceboy!!! :wave7:
  11. nexstarman

nexstarman New Member

Here's what I've been working on lately... S0, MT, MBS and Canadarm2 from AXM and Zarya from Marscenter. I played a bit with Zarya's solar wings, they are modded from the original to show their current config. avoiding the radiators on P1 and S1.

Attached Files:

12. Hans Christian

They look great sir!!! :-D
  13. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Thats an amazing update...well done

John John
  14. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

It was

It was a so so Weekend here in Cork, Now that I have finished the X-15, I turned to thoughts of a new project, My 1st crack at the Alfonso ISS

This is Quest, I think it looks good...

Having a bit of trouble with the Airlock Door Collar, but Im thrilled otherwise

John John

Attached Files:

• X.JPG
      File size:
      156.9 KB
    • V.JPG
      File size:
      150.2 KB
  15. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Nice build, but what happened to your desk. Looks like a tornado has been through it.
  16. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi to the group,

BTW, your Quest build looks fantastic NYIrish.
    An update:

Over the past few days I reviewed some of my files and a lot of updates are coming soon, starting with the S1 and P1 radiator beam locks. I am attaching a word doc with the details. I missed this completely. I came across more photos and it confirms what this document shows. Please update. I will put photos soon how they will look based on this document.

Columbus module: I will release upgraded parts for the Columbus external racks. On a future STS mission, one of the external experiments on Columbus will return to Earth, therefore, these parts will make it easier to attach and remove future external payloads on Columbus. The SOLAR experiment will also be modified for 1:100 scale only.

UNITY and HARMONY: the hatches will be upgraded to resemble as the real ones. Looking at ISS photos in the early assembly phases, the hatches are at a lower level than the outer skin of the modules.

I'm working on the rest of the truss. Give me more time. That calendar....

Attached Files:

17. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Thanks for the update. There is no rush. You can take your time.
    Good Job!!:thumb:
  18. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Please take your time Alfonso..Im still playing catch up

John John
  19. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

well it has been a while since I last posted. so I come bearing of the near completed S1 build (minus a couple of the small details). I built it in the first Station configuration with only the center radiator extended and the other two stowed. The radiators aren't glued onto the truss as I don't want to remake the truss for the final configuration. I have just begun to build P1 so if I keep a good pace it should be up by this weekend or sooner. Alfonso has realy done a great job at making these models and they are quite a build when they are complete. I can't wait until the S3/S4 and P3/P4 trusses make their debute. Keep up the awesome work Alfonso :D

and a shot of the S0 and S1 with the MBS ontop
  20. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Hello everyone!
    I am working on the S0 Truss and am at the step where you have to cutout the interior walls. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cutting the insides of them? I am using a crafts knife and am cutting on my folder so i don't cut my desk up. Does anybody have any suggestions for the best way to do this. this is the only step that will slow my S0 Truss a little.

Thanks for the help.:mrgreen: