AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi to all,

As per my calendar, the S1 and P1 should have been ready today, but nothing yet.
    I'm posting a preview of what the 1:144 version looks like. I'm still building the rest. The 1:100 looks much better, but you will have to wait.
    Because I'm doing both payload bay and station versions you can imagine how crazy I'm going here compiling the individual parts to build the whole file. That is what is taking me longer. Sorry guys, patience please.
    Both the S1 and P1 are mirror images of each other. I'll put individual parts for the S1 and P1 respectively and then parts that will be shared for both models separately.
    The model is done but building them and the combo file is why I'm delayed.
    Take care,

Attached Files:

2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I think you set yourself a high bar by giving dates, I thing a list of your project milestones, P6 will follow S6 and then Pirs etc, We will see them as we do and allow you to not get flustered about keeping shcedule

Your work is amazing, dont get bothered about dates...Nasa certainly has not :)

John John
  3. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Thanks for your comment, NYC Irish.
    I have to admit, yes, the dates do bother me a little but at least it will keep me with the flow. The dates are tentative.
    Hope the rest of the group understand.

Building these models takes a lot of time just to do the appropriate research for each model. It takes a lot of days just to get details from photos and then put them in the drawing board. And then to test fit, and then to build, and then to take pictures, and then to process the pictures, and then....
    Well, you get the idea.

Guys, keep sending pictures of your ISS builds. That keeps me going.

4. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

just plain jawdrop

The S-1 ITS delivery mission (STS-112) was a memorable one for me, it was the first shuttle (and ISS) mission I watched after I got connected in the net :-D

This is great!!! :wave7:

Superior Job as always sir!!! :inw:
  5. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Although target dates are good to keep people going (in all areas of life), but they can have a negative effect as well. I would have thought everyone that is building your ISS won't mind you missing the dates.

You are designing a wonderful model, every payload just gets better.
  6. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Hows about a mailing list, to announce your new kits, try and check here as often as I can but I would also like another notification...

Nothing to do with models, Just wondering...
  7. Hans Christian

I somehow agree with sir Paul sir...
    Don't pressure yourself too much... You are doing more than a great job :inw:
  8. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

After much delay, I have finally finished the Mobile Base System. I kept to the whole model, but tweaked a couple details here and there. Here are some photos and I hope you enjoy.
    PS. My brother made it safely to his base Iraq and he is doing well.

9. Hans Christian

Nice!!! :inw:

Great news that your bro is doing well there ;)
  10. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Oh the talent on this Board....

Well done

John John
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I agree, the quality of the models in this thread just get better and better.

Nice build and clear photos.:inw:

You guys are going to convert me to the 1/100 scale version.
  12. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

C'mon Paul join the at 1:100

John John
  13. dhanners

dhanners Member

Cool build so far! Great work and thanks for sharing the photos....
  14. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Hey Guys
    Just wondering the progress AXM61:wave:
    No rush, just wondering.:thumb:
  15. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

16. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

This isn't a request for a AXM (Alfonso) progress report, just wanted to know if anyone's herd from the guy. Nearly 2 weeks since the 'king' posted on here and his site/blog haven't been updated, hope everythings ok at his end.
  17. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Ya I have been talking with him and yes he is fine as far as I know. From what he told me the trusses just need a little detailing done for the photos.:mrgreen:
    It wouldn't superpise me if we see them this weekend.:twisted:
  18. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

Models about to be released!!!:thumb:
  19. spaceboy7441

spaceboy7441 Member

STS-112 and STS-113 RELEASED!!!!:twisted:
    Thanks Alfonso:thumb:
  20. AXM61

AXM61 Member

To the group,

I have finally released the S1 and P1 trusses. The file is 14 mb in size. Consists of 6 models, 3 per truss (both scales and a simple model).
    Due to time I have not included the video camera parts and WETA part that go on both trusses. In the days to come I will post those parts and also the temporary ISS stand for both scales.
    More photos will follow showing extra details about the radiators.
    Guys, thanks for your patience.
    Once I'm done with the S3-P3 and S4-P4 trusses and the Russian section,then I'm close to finish the ISS as per the current configuration.