AXM International Space Station

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Hans Christian, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Here's the first screenshot!!!

2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

wow big payload...

Nice Model
  3. Hans Christian

Its here!!! Its HERE!!! ITS HERE!!! balloon6

The STS-110 payload is finally online!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :row1:

I just looked at the sheets, and its LOADED... jawdrop... sir Alfonso's not kidding that our knives, scissors, glue, and fingers will get a real workout!!!

This is a serious ISS piece, it will demand skill to the modeler for sure, but wow... this is a STUNNER... :shock:
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I have to agree, amazing work.

3 versions in one package as well, an 'easy' payload bay version and also 2 detailed ISS versions in both 144 and 100 scale.

Well done Alfonso.
  5. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Thanks for letting us know!:thumb:
    I have just purchased it and you are correct WOW!!!!:eek:
    Congratulations goes out to :inw: SIR Alfonso on designing such a highly detailed S0 truss segment especially in the 1/100 version:excited1:

6. Hans Christian

This will be interesting once installed on the ISS model... :inw:
  7. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

The S0 looks fantastic, and very challenging. I am going to get started on it right away. Heh

In other news, I was looking at some recent photpgraphy of the ISS and found this picture, I think I heard them mention it during the last mission (126) but I was wondering if anyone else noticed...

Take a look at the startboard Radiator Panels. The one closest to the living space is well..torn. I hope they can fix that because it looks bad. Why is this happening to the Station? Torn PVPs and broken SARJs. Now a Torn Radiator. and two of which happened to the Starboard side of the station's truss structure. I wonder what will happen next (hopefully nothing)

Sorry it is off topic, but I just wanted to bring it up incase nobody knew. I wasn't able to find anything in any reports describing it. So I hope at least NASA saw it.
  8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I saw the damage as well, while watching nasatv during EVA4. One of the space walkers was going to take some photos of the damage, I missed the rest of the eva after the ground asked him.

I've had a look around nasaspaceflight, but can only find a reference to taking photos, Even on L2 theres nothing that I can find.
  9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

10. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I hope they do something and I also hope it wasn't the glue that has failed. I think it seems reasonable that it would loosen the thermal cover due to the impact of the SM cover. Hopefully that is what caused it and we wont have to worry about peeling radiators in the future. Thanks for the info Paul
  11. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

The S0 is amazing...Im so lucky I have a printer again, Im glad I kicked off my ISS Purchasing with this kit...Its going to keep me occupied for ages...I wonder what it would look like at 1/35 scale....

John John
  12. Hans Christian

YIKES!!! 1/35 SCALE???!!! jawdrop
  13. AXM61

AXM61 Member

Hi to the group,

It's been a long time since I last posted a message and today I'm letting you know that STS-111 is done. I'm attaching a couple of pics for everyone to see.
    The schedule I have posted at the site is very tight but at least will push me to meet deadlines with myself so I can release the models faster.
    At the moment while I'm typing this message my server is down, I have no connection. Later in the day I will put the files at my website.
    PIRS is done except for the Strela arms at this time. I'm in the process of releasing it tomorrow, although I have no russian modules done so I cannot display it into my ISS model. Possibly will be released with the russian segment, but I will post a photo soon.

Attached Files:

14. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Pretty sweet, well done & Thanks for your projects

John John
  15. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Nice work, 'Sir' (I think that should read 'King') Alfonso. I've been working on the 1/144 ISS over the last couple of days, but I've been holding off building the 'arm' until you released the MT and MSS files. I am also starting the Z0 truss, then I'll get back to doing the payload bays as well.

I've seen your multiply 'blog' along with Hans, you are both doing a great job.
  16. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

It's good to see this thread alive once again. I have just taken pictures of the S0 I've been working on since December. I have not had time lately to work on it So I am starting it back up as well as I can at the moment. There is just alot going on right now. School, Holidays and My brother getting ready to deploy. So there is a bit of a hold up on it's progress but i am going to work on it while I can. Hope to see the other trusses soon.
  17. Hans Christian

Hi to all!!!

Sir Alfonso!!! That's one fine piece of engineering!!! Just... WOW jawdrop

And its great news that Pirs will finally come online!!! YYYAAAYYY!!!

Lucas, that's one fine S-0 there!!!

Unfortunately for me, I may not be able to build at my pace for the meantime...

I just got accepted last week at our local flight school, and I already begun the two week ground training, and after that, I'll be flying airplanes... so I may not update the model as often as I can... the model still remains in pre-flight 7/A configuration and Quest is still sitting inside the Atlantis model...

but I'll build the other pieces during my unwinding hours, so that the project won't be stalled...

Thanks again, and many thanks also for visiting the multiply pages!!! bounce7
  18. AXM61

AXM61 Member

To the group,

I'm informing you that there is a design error on the Mobile Base System (STS-111).
    The model is off a couple of millimeters, but those millimeters make a huge difference.

I have to admit that when you rush doing a model, things don't go well. I have to thank Lucas Underwood for pointing that out. I will upload the replacement parts for this model in a couple of days and they will be for free. Very few parts only. The main file on the server will not be modified, though.

Why bother? You might say.
    By correcting a model, it makes it more accurately.

Thanks for your patience,

19. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Congratulations, Hans, for that great step on your life!! Or should I say a leap!! I have that objective for my life too. But for now, I just have to see the planes from off the runway. Anyway, I wish you the best on your flying classes.

Alfonso, the new STS-111 payload sure looks just great! I just wait for my hand to be better to grab the hobby-knife again... and cut some paper, as I left a couple of projects on the work bench.
  20. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

My update.

Ok this is where my build of Sir Alfonso's 1/144 ISS stands.

Took about 5 hours to build the Z0 truss on Monday. Still got a few little bits to add. An excellent model and no fit problems. Now on with the SSRMS, Mobile transporter and the mobile base system.

I thought there might be problems with 'sag' when the truss is complete, but if the rest of the truss is as strong as the Z0 there won't be a problem with sag.

I have a question for Alfonso, are you planning on making some sort of stand for your completed ISS?

Edit:- actually built Z0 on Sunday evening, not Monday. And also forgot to say I need to build dextre.

Attached Files: