Awsome day at the pits

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by SavageChick23, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SavageChick23

SavageChick23 New Member

I dont know where you guys like to run but i found a really HUGE sand pit area i ran at just the other day. So i put paddle tires on one of the savages. Those tires in the sand are really fun. the jumps were huge there! So i ended up coming home with many broken parts to fix :D ... not to mention all the broken parts from the monster GT... That got ran over by a quad. It was very sad to see the truck die so instantly. The pieces were everywhere. Still are i would guess...
  2. does sound like a good day !, do u know if u can get paddle tires for a rush evo ?, coz i am moving to turkey in like a week an my house it right near the beach on moutains so im guessin there will be alot of sand about !
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

hey skidily! I your gonna drive at the beach you better clean your truck right after your done or else every metal will be rusted by the next day because of the salt...you probably allready know that though..........Just warning you
  4. yea its gunna be hard keeping it clean in the conditions ova there , very humid , what can i do to protect it against sand / water ? i heard some stuff about ballons an stuff like that but didnt understand it
  5. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Oh yeah, I dont know much nut I do know that if you just buy some balloons at the dollar store or something, and slip them ovver the whole suspension, it will protect them from sand and salt and stuff.
  6. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Oh, and about water, it shouldnt hurt it too much unless you completly soak it. But if you get some after-run oil, that will help from the inside of the engine from rotting and rusting. It will clean out you engine from all water in it.
  7. yea that sounds good but what about the esc and reciever an all the bits an pieces inside , i may get them wet ,
  8. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

You know, I'm not very much of an expert, but you might even put some balloons over the servos. Just make sure that they dont get in the way of the moving parts on the servo. But I dont know, that might not work very well.
  9. skid, Standard 2.2 paddle tires will fit on your Rush. You can find em on ebay and towerhobbies. It's wicked fun to fun in sand with paddles but you must keep all moving parts free of sand or else r/c death!!
  10. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Hey trashcan, how do you like your Kyosho's?
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

put a balloon over the esc and reciever and put some glue over the seems and screws on the servos.works like a charm.
  12. SavageChick23

SavageChick23 New Member

skidily- nah i dont think you can get paddle tires for that.
  13. okie dokie, i will have a look around im sure i will be able to find some, even if they need a little HELP gettin on so to speak lol,
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

you should have no problem finding them.check ebay
  15. jackal575

jackal575 Member

i waterproofed my reciver by dipping it in melted wax. its worked fine even completly submerged. i thought servos were waterproof to begin with so i didnt waterproof them. the only problem i do have is waterproofing batteries. as for humidity, its about 80% on average here during summer and drops to about 50% if were lucky during winter and my car's fine. but ive never driven it in sand. but if your by the sea, i'd always use after-run oil or WD-40 with no exceptions, to protect the inside of the engine. (even though there is probably no need since i use trinity monster which has rust inhibitors in it) im rambling on now so ill shut up.
  16. Justin - The Kyosho's are great beginner - intermediate trucks. The only real problem with them is find replacement parts, but I have all the parts I need stockpiled in my basement.
  17. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Ya, trashcan, I'm just looking around for my second truck. But onto the other topic about protecting skidilys truck from sand. There is a lot of salt in just the sand at the beach, and salt will rust almost anything metal on your truck. I know a guy who went to the beach with his car, and at the end of the day he put it in the trunk of his car. The next morning all of his screws were rusty. THE NEXT MORNING! So you need to clean that thing right after your done in the sand for the day.
  18. Well, I bought my Ultima ST off ebay for $120 I think RTR with batts and charger and all that stuff. The Type R was a roller but I think I bought that off ebay for about $50. I slapped a cheap futaba radio on there, some nice big stampede tires, 17t motor, and ESC and I was ready to rock. To date I haven't broken anything on either one of them.
  19. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Only $120?? That is cheap. Or is it electric?
  20. hummm, that wax sounds like a good idea, do u think if i put wax on the screws and all them bits aswell it would stop them rusting ? or shoe goo? i can get that stuff by the bucket load lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.