Awishlist for Nobi

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Darwin, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Darwin

Darwin Member

View attachment 5416

I think most of us have an airplane subject we would realllllly like to see Nobi design. It might be fun to give him our Christmas (2007) want list. To kick it off, I would like to see him produce a model of the Beguine...a modified P-51C that effectively put an end to the Cleveland air races when it crashed into a house during the 1947 air race, killing the pilot and two occupants of the house. The P-51C was modified by shortening the wings by removing the last panel, removing the radiator, and replacing it with two small radiators mounted in wingtip pods (which I think were the wing tip tanks from a P-80). The thought was to reduce drag of that big radiator sticking down into the airstream. However, the writeups I've seen indicate that the modification was probably counter-productive, as the wing shortening resulted in eliminating about 20% of the aileron surface (with associated reduction in handling) and the wing tip radiators actually increased the total frontal area of the airplane, and also introduced some hellacious parasitic drag. In any event, it made for one sleek-looking airplane that cries out to be kitted. There is a fairly extensive article in a recent Air Classics special P-51 edition.

Attached Files:

2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

This look like a job for Will.................

maybe after the Golden Eagle:twisted:
  3. 57townsman

57townsman Member

I would like to cast my vote for the XB-51. This would fit nicely into Nobi's X-birds category :wink: Nice sleek looking plane, possibly derived from the Messerschmitt P.1102.

Attached Files:

4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Another model on my long, and I do mean long, list of things to do is Beguine. I am using NOBI's A-36 model and modify it. It's another one I laid down the basics for and haven't done much since. I do have the musical score used along the side of the aircraft, but it has only those squashed circles on it and needs the drop down line thingy to make it correct.

Then there is modifications required...which I have listed, but haven't started. I am a slow worker...too slow to figure out when things will be finished. But it is one I have on my list, and if I get it done and NOBI likes it, I'll let him offer it through his site however he sees fit. That is, if no one else beats me to the design.

By the way, the XB-51 is also on the list. It's a bit further along than Beguine. If I finish it before someone else decides to release their design, it will probably be a parts bin addition.
  5. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

I like looking of XB-51...anybody have drawing? Mustang with jet engine is also cool too. Welcome for all help to make dream come true.
  6. Eric Ferguson

Eric Ferguson Member

Even though I've yet to do a card model, I'd love to see a Savoia Marchetti S.55. It was a two hulled, twin tandem engine, twin tail boomed, Italian flying boat from between the wars. It was *almost* classed as a flying wing. Sorry I don't have a picture of it. But a beautiful aircraft.

And while we're a-wishin'....How about the little one man, Northrop Flying Wing, and one each of the two big bomber Northrop Flying Wings (YB-35 and YB-49 IIRC). Also that strange looking Australian cargo/crop duster aircraft (twin engine?, twin tail boom, cockpit on top, cargo bay below). It was used in one of the Mad Max movies..... And on top of all that, easy enough for a rank beginner <G>......

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and to all, A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

7. Attached Files:

8. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

At one time NOBI had a poll on his webpage, where he requested votes on possible models for the future. One of my favorite choices was the Tu-95 "Bear". I would still love to see him design one...maybe some day....

Attached Files:

9. OldSalt

OldSalt Member

10. rons dad

rons dad New Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a model of a DH single Otter in RCMP colours
  11. sakrison

sakrison Member

I like the suggestion of the Soviet "Bear."
    My additions to the list would include:
    Beech D-18 (Twin Beech) in military or civilian colors
    Cessna O-2A Super Skymaster in Vietnam FAC livery
    Cessna T-37 or A-37 "Tweet"
    These would be easily done in 1/33
  12. Eric Ferguson

Eric Ferguson Member

Bill, THANKS for the comeback!!! Due to several things happening, including misplacing my User Name AND Password, couldn't get back in. Looked at that Flying Wing....Great!!! Maybe after I start building some freebies (haven't built *anything* yet), I'll look into buying that *wing*. Your's looks like a very interesting choice as well....Eric