Avia S-199 IAF, 1:50

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by mOONwOKA, May 17, 2007.

1. mOONwOKA

mOONwOKA Member

Hello everybody,

Today i present you my Avia S-199. I built it quit a while ago, but did't have a camera. Yesterday this birdie was my first test subject in attempt to tame new Canon S3 IS. Having said that i hope you'll excuse not so perfect pictures. The model itself is designed by Marek Pacynski and originaly was a czech variant. I recolored it with PaintShop Pro (only much later did i realize that Marek also has released IAF version) and added some minor details, such as wheel wells etc. My model represents D-112 from 101st squadron. Squadron badge came from another Marek's model - Spitfire Mk.IX. When chosing color for this aircraft i spent some time browsing internet and finally came across quote from former IAF technician. He said, that all this "RLM 02 or not RLM 02" stuff is nonsense as at that time fledgling IAF was strugling for it's very survival and it was more important to keep aircraft flying that comply to color standards. This gives me an excuse if someone point out that my color is wrong :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

In the last picture you can clearly see missaligned aircraft code - i'm just not good at recoloring, i guess. I use printer at work (don't have my own) and this damn thing always gives excuses like "low on magenta" or "drum life low" to justify printing every page differently. Next picture shows difference in elevator colors - i ruined "original" one and had to reprint, alas, noticeably lighter. That's why i decided to leave missaligned code as is.

Rear view

Bottom part and close-up of wheel wells
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

That's about it. Please pardon my lengthy writing full of excuses - nobody wants to admit that he's a lousy modeler ;)
  2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Nice build! The weathering really enhances the model.
  3. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Nice looking model and good job on the photo's ;)
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Niiiice work! Did a great job on that.
  5. Clashster

Clashster Member

Great job! Looks awesome! despite the issues! Great pics, too!

6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

HAHAHA!!! Very funny..." printer not ready, do you have a pen?".

Beautiful work mOONwOKA!
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Nice weathering job there!!