Avia B534 available for free

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by rickstef, Jun 29, 2004.

1. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Ray, In our 40 years of married life, my wife has put up with slot cars, model railroads, plastic models, R/C models, Private Pilot training, and through all of the above - paper models! If I started building multiple models at the same time, she would have me committed!! :? Who says our hobby is not an education?

2. ripper

ripper Member

Re: Avia B-534 New Release!

Dear Fred, the glider tug is my work. (http:/www.volny.cz/jbru) For the time being, I made the "typical" summer version available. The white one will come on the 1st October or somewhat at that time - not because it still requires a bit of work, but also I am building this white machine for competition at the end of November - so I dont want to be beaten by MY work! :twisted:
  3. vasek68

vasek68 New Member

What do you think?

Just a sample of Honza's work for competition.
    It seams he is serious about to win the prize - $100 :? .

ARMORMAN Guest

.exe.....why does it have to be a .exe?!? why could it not have been a .zip or .pdf or stuffed?

Once again, Mac users are left out in the cold.

5. ripper

ripper Member

SFX Archive

Sorry... I used the win-rar and built an SFX-archive. Ive chosen this option because it is the most friendly for those, whose knowledge is fairly limited. From all the parts it creates an pdf, then.
    But you can get the pdf, if you want it - just write at my adress (instead of putting complaints here :?
  6. Ron

Ron Member

Hey guys, thank you for such fantastic models! I have the Avia in bulgarian
    winter camo on the mat now and should get my butt building it again! If hosting space is ever required, please let me know.

7. ripper

ripper Member

Ripper has moved!

Dear friends I have moved my Ripper pages onto http://rw.jetmouse.cz
    The summer camo could be downloaded as one big pdf as well (over 4MB).
    Now I have better opportunities with space, etc, so I hope I will post at least new photographs once upon a time.
  8. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Friends (and Ripper!)

Please note that the link for downloading the complete pdf of the summer camouflage glider tug is presently faulty at Ripper's site (not for long, though, I hope). The correct link is: http://rw.jetmouse.cz/dwn/B534x2LS-aXT.pdf

Many thanks, Ripper, and looking forward to October 1st, when the winter camo will be arriving!

Leif Oh.

PS. The Avia B534 scale is 1/32. If you wish to rescale the model in e.g. Photoshop or similar, you need to get around the password protection. See how to do it here: "How to edit and scale a locked PDF-file".
  9. ripper

ripper Member

Dear Leif (and others)
    I checked it recently and it is working (or it was about 10 secs ago...)
    The link is placed correctly. Please, if possible, use the general entry (http://rw.jetmouse.cz), so I know that you were in (it is the only praise I got and the only stimulant to continue).
    As to the release of the winter camo: My pages say 1.10, not September. And certainly I will not release it sooner - I have already stated I am preparing that model for competition at the end of November! So I might as well postpone it until 15th of October or so...
    I do not want to be rude, but I want to win ;-)
  10. ripper

ripper Member

Leif has just edited his reply to "october"... OK then ;-)
    I can rescale it for you guys... Which scale would you like?
  11. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

My mistake about October - caught it myself. Sorry.

Ripper, the link for downloading the complete pdf-file on the English page is definitely not working. There is a slash inverted, where it shouldn't be. Please check again, it would be a pity if English-speaking people were disappointed, now that you have very graciously gone to the trouble of translating your page.

Thanks for the offer of scaling the drawing, but that would be too much to ask. I prefer 1/25, but that usually means I have to scale everything I buy in the scanner. So I'll be fine, really, with your original files - they are of sufficient quality I think to stand scaling.

Tell you the truth, I'm actually toying with the idea of going all the way to 1/16 on a model soon - the quality of work on most available models would easily stand that, and it would be really interesting to see what happens with joints, etc. They should disappear even more in a larger scale. But we'll see - autumn is here, and other responsibilities tend to loom large, including putting up new shelves in our bedroom.

Many thanks again, and warm greetings,

Leif Oh.
  12. ripper

ripper Member

You were right

Sorry Leif,
    you were right. IExplorer does not have problems getting to something\file, but others have... So I changed all links at donload pages to something/file and later I will recheck the whole site, OK?
    As to the scale - the bigger the scale, the bigger th problem with a page size... So the downscaling (not recommended) could be done instatly, the upscaling... Well, then I have to get from the illustrator file, not a photoshop file etc... But for 1/25 scale an A3 page might be used. Do you have such a printer at your disposal?
  13. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

No, you see I save the huge files resulting from an upscaled scan (or upscaled import of EPS files, exported from PDF-files, like yours). Then I divide the parts on to new A4 pages. It is rather fun actually, and a part of the work that I can handle.

Sadly, I have to admit that I am not yet (and perhaps never will reach that stage) advanced enough to use Illustrator, much less 3D-programmes. But it is fun dabbling with the excellent work of others and adapt it to some small extent to your own taste (size, scale, minor detail changes, recolouring, etc).

If I go to 1/16 I will certainly have to make some design adaptations, such as dividing wings on to two sheets and making extra ribs and joining sections. But that I can manage (I think and hope), if nothing else by using longer paper sizes (width is restricted by the printer's physical size; length can be much larger than standard sizes; you'll have to cut your own paper, though).

See article on this site on "Scaling", plus the threads "How tomake larger prints", and the previously mentioned "How to edit and scale a locked PDF-file".

Best again

Leif Oh.
  14. ripper

ripper Member

An add-on

Hi chaps, it looks like the winter camo will be realy somewhat delayed (two weeks or so).
    But, to chear you somehow - in a week you will find an interesting add-on for all B534 versions - the interior set.
  15. mark_h

mark_h Member

hi all i download the models and see the pic its looks grat butwat is the pass :?: :?: :shock: :(
  16. ripper

ripper Member

What password?

the file could be printed, but not opened to be changed.
    It is not my policy to allow everyone to use the files for such purpouses.
    Exceptions could be done on a strictly unique-case bases.
  17. mark_h

mark_h Member

i just wont to look at the files and at the part how can i do it?
  18. ripper

ripper Member

Just open it with Adobe Acrobat

or Acrobat reader. Thats all. Parts, that are rared, has to be reconsisted before (it is a SFX-archive, so just execute it).
    But you can use the version, that is the pdf-file.
  19. mark_h

mark_h Member

ok thenks i open the files

ther is some links thet i can see some pic off the model??
  20. rickstef

rickstef Guest

If you read some of the previous posts, you will see some pictures of the plane, and you can check out the website where the original files can be downloaded from, they have pictures too

ps, Mark, do you want ron or I to delete your old username?