Avia B534 available for free

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by rickstef, Jun 29, 2004.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

taken directly from the email Bill sent to the cardmodelers.org email list

2. Darwin

Darwin Member

If it was made available, the link was up for less time than a Trotskiy Stuka download. 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
  3. charliec

charliec Active Member

I think I got it all while the link was up - if the 404 problem persists e-mail
    me and I'll forward the files.

4. Ron

Ron Member

Try this

Move your mouse slowly over the file links on the bottom until you see the alternative text come up saying page 5. You'll get there then :) I think they disabled direct linking because of the flood of visitors. The model is a beautiful piece of work and worth the downlaod

All the best!

5. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Hi, All Just some more info. There are actually three different models on this page!

Stavebnice Avia B-534 Četnických leteckých hlídek
    Stavebnice Avia B-534 Maďarská HA-VAB

Right click on the drive picture and save as usual - these are in PDF format

At the bottom of the page under the ABC is a line of 8 drive pictures. Right click and save these files and you will have a third model. For this one you will need the .rar reader as described above. These are fine looking models and the last one is quite unique.

Hope this helps.
  6. Darwin

Darwin Member

Thanks muchly. Another evening shot slaving over an overheated dialup....but what else to better occupy oneself in this era of lobotomy by sitcom.
  7. bwallaw

bwallaw Member

It is a fabulous model.

The compressed file is in RAR format, and these links are at the bottom of the page labelled 1-8. From what I learned on the cardmodelers list, is that you need to download all 8 RAR files, and them unstuff/decompress the first file.

The Czech links above the image are direct links to PDF's for one version of the model. The compressed RAR file contains details to build about 10 or so different versions.

8. vasek68

vasek68 New Member

There is more

Another - Bulgarian "XO" version in winter coat is now online. :)
  9. Ron

Ron Member

Thank-you for a beautifully done model. I hope I can do as much justice building it as you have done designing it :) Welcome to Cardmodels.net by the way!

10. rickstef

rickstef Guest

there is a period right after the html, that is what is giving the error

will attempt to fix

EDIT: fixed
  11. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Vasek . . . beautiful model(s). Thank you !
  12. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Vasek, Outstanding models! I have one question, what are the paper thickness that are represented by the *, **, *** ? I have an online translater but I cannot copy/paste from the instruction pdf file to the translator. Assistance would be appreciated. Again, thank you for these beautiful models.
  13. vasek68

vasek68 New Member

The model is primary designed for ABC and they are using 100 g/m2 paper.
    Knowing this the meaning of stars is as follow:
    * regular office paper 80 g/m2
    ** carton 160 g/m2
    *** carton thicknes 0.7mm
    Best regards

14. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Vasek, Thank you for the information. This will be a great help. Now, to work!
  15. barry

barry Active Member

I downloaded this great model in Pdf format but every time to print it out it runs over the end of the page, can anybody offer this old idiot some tips.

16. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Barry, I have not printed this as yet, but I took a look as if I was going to print it using Adobe Reader 6.0 It appears to be set up for 8.27 x 11.69 paper size - is this A4?? I got this by checking the box 'Choose paper source by PDF paper size' For me to print on US size paper - 8.5 x 11.0, I would select 'fit to paper' in the 'Page scaling' box. This will print a little under size but at least it will fit on my paper. :lol: I hope this helps. These look like great models and I hope to get started as soon as I finish my present project, a Modele Kartonwe Bartel BM-6A. Have fun cutting and pasting!
  17. rickstef

rickstef Guest

yes that first dimension is A4, you should be able to build it with out too much distortion, or you could always get legal cardstock

18. ButchPrice

ButchPrice Member

Legal Cardstock LOL

Yeah show me where to get "legal" cardstock Rick :twisted:

You won't find it around your local office supply in th US.

Best one can hope for is to find some 12x12 at Micheals
    Crafts (or the craft store in your area), and cut it down
    to 8.5x12, then cheat your printer driver,
    by telling it you are using legal size paper.
    THEN print the A4 image from Adobe Reader at 100%,
    and the image will print completeley.

I have searched all the obvious and not so obvious
    local office/paper suppliers and found ZERO A4.
    Paper, cardstock, nothing. :roll:

I use an HP printer, and maybe this is a unique
    solution, but it works. (HP drivers cheat you out of 1/4"
    border almost without fail.)
  19. ButchPrice

ButchPrice Member

As a sidebar, another soloution I am
    experimenting with is printing the image
    to legal paper, then laminating it to a second
    page with craft spray glue.
    Produces a "cardstock" feel, but I have
    not cut one up yet to see how the
    lamination affects it.
    Lamination has to be stone flat and smooth.
    Nobody wants a bumpy model :wink:
  20. Ron

Ron Member

Unfortunately the pdf file is locked otherwise you'd be able to open it up in Paint Shop Pro or any other image software. It's very easy to cut and paste the parts to new sheets if the files were unlocked. Vasek checks in here once in awhile. Maybe he'd help out with unlocking it for you or anyone else that needs to print to letter size stock. If Vasek can help out and you need help moving parts around to new sheets, just ask and I'll give you a hand

All the best