Avia B-534s found

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Romanator, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Romanator

Romanator Member

So, as you all may already know, the Avia B-534 freebees have not been available for quite some time now. Several sites including volny, ripper-works, and others hosted the models but all these are now dead.

Well, after about a week of non-stop searching, I found several of these bi-planes! Horray!

And here they are:

[ links removed ]

Ok, I removed the links as the rapishare seems to host pirated models as well. :cry:

Sorry for any problems guys...
  2. Alcides

Alcides Member

Thank you very much !!! :thumb::thumb:
  3. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

Interesting, because I just learned of Rapidshare's existence yesterday. I quick glance around lead to the conclusion that the site is a haven for shameless Internet piracy. There are over 500 pages of links to paper models alone (scanned or as PDF files), many (if not most) of which are current for-profit releases. Personally, I don't think Rapidshare deserves our patronage.
  4. gman95687

gman95687 Member

not only that, but you gotta be extra careful with the files you download from that place. You wouldnt even know if you had downloaded an infected file until you unrared it, or unziped it to your computer.....
  5. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

My computer reported that Phishing Filter was unable to check the site. That's enough reason for me to avoid it.
  6. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Right , there are many scaned models on Rapidshare. I don't use it for the models from my site.
  7. Romanator

Romanator Member

Sorry guys for the problems with the rapishare thing. It seemed to work fine for me. These particular models aren't pirated, but I suppose some other ones could be. I don't support pirating either, so sorry for my mistake.

I have these Avia B534 files now saved on my own computer, so I maybe could figure out how to host them legally on a better site w/out pirate issues. (But I don't know how)

Any suggestions?

8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Ummm Romanator... are these your designs?
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Here Here... :thumb:
  10. Romanator

Romanator Member

They aren't mine... am I doing something wrong? :oops:
  11. Romanator

Romanator Member

It looks like I'll have to remove these links.
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

you should really get the designers permission to host the models even if they were free.

thank you for removing the links:thumb:
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

They are great models. We should respect the creator of those models by not hosting these on sharing sites and instead, building them and posting pictures of such. Think of their side of things. If you created something from nothing and then gave it away for free AND your paying for the hosting of the site and bandwidth from out of pocket and have all those downloads without any results... disappointing.

Then someone comes along and builds a model and posts pictures. It's a great thing. Makes a person just want to create more.
  14. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

I have to clarify what I said earlier that had the 500 pages of links...it was a Czech forum

BTW, Romanator, you did the right thing in deleting those links. :thumb: And ditto to what Steve said...honor a designer by posting pictures of a build. I'm sure they all appreciate that.

15. Alcides

Alcides Member

The problems is the idea of rapidshared is to share files. A lot of people updloads all the time files to this services. The control is very difficult to implement.

You can complain an rapidshare will remove the files but It's like ebay, a person has to complain before they do something.

By the way, I lost a lot of free models with a hard disk failure, so I was happy to recover the models with the links by Romanator.

This forum takes the safest route: You need the ok from designer to share something but sometimes I think the rule is to hard. You just can't reach a lot of designers.
  16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i beleive the point arose about hosting a designers model without permision. i would be upset if i found my models on someone elses site. i do pay for my site so it cost me money to share my designs. if someone put them on their site without my permission thats kinda like stealing and at the very least very disrespectfull.
  17. Romanator

Romanator Member

Ok, thanks you guys for your help on this issue. Believe me, I don't want to do anything to upset an designers or hurt anyone else.

The only thing was that the models used to be hosted as freebees on their sites and some non-pirate sites. Now every link is dead. I just don't know who/where/how to ask to gain permission to make this great model available again.

And I will try to honor the designers properly by making a build thread some day. ( "try" is the key word. The result of my build efforts might instead scare him away) :mrgreen:
  18. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Your penance would be to build one and post pictures of the progress and the final built model.
  19. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Forget about pirating the models. You guys just told everybody where to get any model you want. If any moderator were paying attention he or she would edit the above posts especially the one in .cz as it has everything. On the other hand there are many models which are no longer protected at that site or are from now defunct companies, like ALCAN that are available no where else. One must police himself or herself.
  20. Romanator

Romanator Member

Looks like i opened a big can of worms...
    Sorry everybody.
    Is there a way to delete the thread?