Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by z5strikers, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Waeschens

Waeschens Member

the AT-99 Scorpion gunship is like the Cobra or Apache gunship, there are no open sides for the transport of passengers. In the movie you see the SA-2 Samson it´s construction and purpose is similar to the Bell UH 1 HUEY.

2. liam887

liam887 New Member

Ive ben making the Samson in 3D when im done ill take out the interior and give you the low poly frame if you want?

Attached Files:

• WIP.jpg
      File size:
      70.7 KB
  3. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Leave the interior. It looks great. :thumb:You are doing a great job on it so far. :thumb:
    I have the scorpion on my "to-do" list. I would love to add this one to it as well.:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  4. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Looks good here. Keep it up, it should make a really good model!

Take note that the nose and windshield of the samson is shaped differently than the Scorpion (check the latest Cinefex for good reference).
  6. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

I downloaded her and she is now on my TO-DO-LIST. I like your build, even the fogging isn't tooo bad :cry:. The rest is nice and clean :thumb:
  7. sidewinder81777

sidewinder81777 Midnight Modeler

Im doing a test build right now so this one got back-burnered but all that is left are some of the weapons.

Attached Files:

8. vulcan8630

vulcan8630 Member

OUTSTANDING 3D Samson! From what I have been reading about the various models from the movie Avatar; the Scorpion was based on the Cobra helicoptor and the Samson is based on the Huey Attack helicoptor.....

Keep up the wonderful work!
  9. Rhaven Blaack

I was just google 3d warehouse and found all of the vehicles, craft and AMP suit.
    So if you are in fact interested in making models of all of the crafts and such, here is the link to the page that has all of it.

avatar - Google 3D Warehouse Search
  10. Scify helo's

Counter-rotating propeller, missles, sighting systems, no tail rotor, reminds me of army helo's such as the CH-47, UH-60L, and AH-64D heli's with a futuristic twist. These are goning to make some interesting projects.

11. Rhaven Blaack

Any new updates on the Samson?
  12. Kjev

Kjev Member

I've tried downloading the Scorpion twice and got a mangled file both times. Anyone have a good copy they'd be willing to share?
  13. Dunkel

Dunkel New Member

Hi Kjev, you can download it from the original blog post.

Search avatar scorpion papercraft in google, you will find the article. Sorry I can't post link here for now :).
  14. Kjev

Kjev Member

That's where I got it from. For some reason the file won't extract, and if it does, all I get is an empty folder. Any suggestions?
  15. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Check your email. :thumb:
  16. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

Funny thing, i recently finished designing a very crude dragon gunship model for a friend. If it pleases the court, I'll be more than happy to put it in the download section.
  17. Kjev

Kjev Member

I vote AYE!
  18. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

Well, my camera's waterlogged, and my phone won't show up on Explorer when plugged in with a usb. So, I decided to post pics from my scanner. Yes, you heard me, scanner. The model is smaller than it seems (my scanner gave me two crappy photos for some reason). Feel free to post comments, questions, and other things. If you like the semi-scale model as it is, I'll post it!. -Also, if anyone can help my with the cell phone problem, that'll be good, too!:thumb:

Attached Files:

19. mangler525

mangler525 New Member

those would be a sweet build
  20. ustercluck

ustercluck New Member

when oh when are we gonna see more models from this movie?