Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by z5strikers, Jan 6, 2010.

1. z5strikers

z5strikers New Member

I know the Avatar movie is very recent, but I would love to be able to build some of the earth ships and vehicles like the gunships and AMP suits. I have been anxiously watching the forum for the past few weeks, hoping to see a thread... and after enough waiting figured I'd start it myself!

Does anyone know if there are any models avaliable OR would anyone be interested in working on them either solo or in a group fashion? I saw a few of you do an amazing job with BSG, and I feel like it might be time for an reunion!

2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I think we need to do a little more research before starting them. I myself want to do a hyper-detailed Scorpion using Metasequoia, but before I start it I need to get a good set of orthographics. Maybe the new art books will have a nice set.
  3. uglyguy9

uglyguy9 Member

i think there is a 3D one somewhere but without those little paper 3D glasses i just cant build it

4. Kjev

Kjev Member

I don't know of any meshes out there. If I come across anything I'll tell you.

SEBRET Member

Wouldn't mind a model of the transport that takes them to Pandora.
  6. z5strikers

z5strikers New Member

scorp mesh

I just found an OKAY to decent mesh of an scorpion...

I do not have the privilege to post a link... go figure... so copy and past the two haves of the URL together...

7. sidewinder81777

sidewinder81777 Midnight Modeler

I would like to see some models of some of the weapons from this movie also (Trent, Jan, Uhu, are you listening? lol) I found a few reference images and i'm sure more will be forthcoming with time.

Attached Files:

8. Alien99

Alien99 Papercraft Member

More then weapons I like the vehicles....the TAV VALKYRIE especially:thumb:

or that interstellar transport the ISV VENTURE STAR ....1.5km long vehicle:twisted:

and therest of the equipment...:mrgreen:

9. GHOST222

GHOST222 New Member

I think the AMP Suit is more intresting to build as an papercraft. Looks very difficult to buil but i try this to rebuild in 3D.
  10. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I have to agree with Alien. :agree1: All of these would make great models. :thumb: I would love to have the collection.:yep:
  11. sidewinder81777

Dont get me wrong Jan I love the vehicles too, im just on a gun kick right now lol. recently finished your endo rifle and working on the M-41a now
  12. z5strikers

z5strikers New Member

I third alien's remarks, I'd love to have the AMP suit, scorpion, and dragon gunship all preferably on the same scale!
  13. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Would Love to build diorama of dragon dropping off amps in the forest.
  14. the4ce

the4ce Member

The Scorpion would be a nice model. :mrgreen:

Getting the model from the game is a good ideea if you want the right proportions, but the question is: how?
  15. doctormaxart

doctormaxart New Member

was on papermodels.com and someone has done a design of the gunship i can't do a link since not got 15 posts.

16. sidewinder81777

17. sidewinder81777

Im building the scorpion right now here are some progress pics. I fogged up the canopy bad wall1

Attached Files:

18. Kjev

Kjev Member

I read the designer's blog. The idea of using clear tape for the canopy glass is sweet! I never thought of that.
  19. smallvilleloser

smallvilleloser New Member

H.g.wells time machine

Does anyone know where i can download this model?
  20. GHOST222

GHOST222 New Member

AT-99 Scorpion Gunship download

Here can you download this model...

take a look on the paper-replika.com page, there are links to download.

scales to build: 1/84 and 1/38 + instructions

But i think this model needs an update of detail...the cockpit could be looking of more detail and i missed the open sides behind the wings were soldiers can sitting. but it can modified very easy i think.