Availability of tools

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by jampapertoy, Nov 22, 2007.

1. jampapertoy

jampapertoy New Member

Hello, I am new to the board but not new to paper modeling. I have been building paper models since I was a child.

My first post is about tool availability outside the U.S.

What tools are available in Europe, Korea, Japan and other places?

I know different types of paper are not always available in other countries, but what about X-acto knives, Scissors, hole punches (different sizes). What about special tools? What do you have?

I am just curious.
  2. David H

David H Member

This is my basic haul, I don't there is anything out of the ordinary, most tools mentioned on Zealot - though not brands - are available in the UK.

Paper and glue are more difficult. For paper I suck up to my local printer. Glue we make do.

3. josve

josve Active Member

All tools,paper and glue are available in europe :)
    I have bought all my stuff from different stores in germany and Poland, and of course a lot of the tools are the common type like scissors,scalpels,rulers,needles for scoring,syringes etc etc that you can get in any country.
    The only tool I bought outside europe is the Japanese screw puncher
    I did as David, some shots of the workshop :) Don't look to close at the mess!!
    First shot is of the tools I use,second is the overall look at my workbench....

Attached Files:

4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Ooooooh... That's a great collection of tools...
    Personally I'd say Scissors / White glue / Pointed-tip tweezers and you're set. And I'm sure you can find more tools in any hobby store around, unless you are living in Antarctica there must be some place around to buy. Also there is always the possibility of internet-ordering.
  5. srrider

srrider New Member

i wish i have the same tools and workplace like you have josve.
    my tools are basically an exacto knife, a bottle of carpenters' glue and a scissor which i share with my prep school kid and our dining table for a workplace, tools here are not readily available and hard to come by, should you find any it's price is way too much for me.