Aussi stuff

interurban

Hi Guys thought I should share a few pics me mate from down under sends me. Most are from the TrollyWire mag he gets.
Heres hopeing the darn things are not to big.

Attachments

• elec loco 10074.jpg
    elec loco 10074.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 145

interurban

:rolleyes: Now you just know I have a few more so here they are.
I wonder if Woodie likes them;)

Attachments

• elec loco 30077.jpg
    elec loco 30077.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 127

interurban

I will end with this beaut for know.
Will post a couple more tomorrow.;)

Attachments

• elec loco 40078.jpg
    elec loco 40078.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 132

Woodie

Wow Chris. Taa. :):)

All those used to trundle past my school when I was a wee one. My school backed onto the Melbourne/Traralgon line.

You can get the L Class in HO (brass only) and is very very pricey. I think the kits all got snapped up pretty quick, but I'm sure there's one there available somewhere for ready money! :)

All of the rollingstock is available too, mostly in kit form, but some as ready made.

All those stock and loco's in the pics are very Garahbara. The pic through the window (colour) is a T Class.

My T Class (kit built)

TClassShed.JPG

And the L Class (2nd colour pic) used to haul five 50 IY wagon coal trains (finished off with a Z Guard's Van) past my school every day, hauling coal from Yallourn to the Victorian Railways own power station at Newport. These IY wagons used to have canvas tarpaulins to cover their loads, but were moved to haul coal, when convered wagons were introduced.

My IY Wagons:

IMG]http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~niceboys/images/GoodsGullyZoom.JPG[/IMG]

I still have another 6 wagon kits to make up, and have now weathered the ones already constructed, and loaded them with coal.

In the third lot, the bottom pic, the railmotor (in the middle) is a Walker Class railmotor.

91rm_daylesford.jpg

I used to ride them to visit rellies up the country. Again, you can get these in HO, but, again, brass only and very very pricey. I eventually intend to get one for Garahbara. :):):)

A history of the Walker railmotor is here

Hope this helps. :):)

interurban

My name is Walker

So my name is on the rail motor and I used to live near Wigan What a small world eh woodie?
That`s a beaut T Class.
Here are a few more for ya mate;)

Attachments

• elec loco 50079.jpg
    elec loco 50079.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 124

interurban

I Realy Realy like this shot. Just look at those Pans reaching for the wire.

Sorry but I am DROOLING:D

Attachments

• l class 30088.jpg
    l class 30088.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 114

interurban

This is the last shot for today a nice new Tram.

And three nice new paint jobbers.

Attachments

• new tram0081.jpg
    new tram0081.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 118

triman

The "L" class were UK built and were the second electrics to carry that class number, the first being a couple of steeple cab shunters. They were seriously powerful locos, for our neck of the woods, and lasted until wll into the 90s when the Gippsland line was de-electrified.
The "T" class visible through the cab window is a member of the largest class of Victorian railways diesel-electrics. A BB general purpose loco they were supplied in 3 series, plus 1 for a private organisation. Started out at about 850hp and ended up around 1200, I think. They could be seen all over the VR network and some members of the class are now spread over Australia after privatisation and asset sales. They make a great model being small enough to fit into almost anywhere with a light rail loading.

interurban

Hi Triman, Thanks a bunch for all the infomation.

Have you any shots of the rails around where you live?:)

Here are a few pictures of TRAMS;) And Traction.

Attachments

• traction history0093.jpg
    traction history0093.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 113

interurban

And the last one Trams

Changing face of Melbourne Public Transport:p

Attachments

• changing scenes0092.jpg
    changing scenes0092.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 119

Woodie

Chris,

Yep.. Familiar with all of those as well, and many many years in Melbourne, could take you right to where the pics were taken.

Those old passenger trains ran for more than 70 years on the Melbourne system. The red "dogboxes". I have a 3 car set for Garahbara, the same as the top pic of the colour book cover (of which I have the book as well).
You'll have to make a trip to Melbourne to check them all out!! :):)

interurban

One Day Woodie One Day, If Sue was as fit as she use to be we would be planning a trip, ( MS) has got the better of her unfortunatly:(
Never mind we just keep trucking:D
Sue Has Rellies down under so if you run into any body with the surname Penkethman. They belong to us:D
I will be posting some more as me mate Arthur sends them to me.

triman

My library is in the east and I can't get to it, but, the dogboxes formed the backbone of the VR suburban fleet for many years, with one or two sets also painted in a special "salmon pink" scheme to serve as Boat trains to meet the passenger vessels arriving at Station Pier in Port Melbourne.
The early series had outward opening doors; later editions were more "conventional" with 2 or 3 doors each side.
As the older suburban stock was scrapped the power bogies were used under the "Y" class diesel electric shunters, an EMD model G6B of about 600hp. By using old power bogies costs were shaved.
Link http://locopage.railpage.org.au/vline/y.html

As for the local railway scene, I must get out with the digital some time soon and capture things.

interurban

And a bit of news about there weather Are ya there Woodie, Triman???
how hot are you today?

Attachments

• weather item0103.jpg
    weather item0103.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 168