Atlas turnouts

andy223

Can anyone help me identify a crossover from Atlas turnout 542 and 542 code 83 track , to atlas code 100 track. I will be using 18-22 inch radius.

Thanks Mike :rolleyes:

Woodie

G'day Andy

G'day Andy and welcome to The Guage! :)

Transition from one code track to another code track has been raised in here before. General consenus (I think) is that there is nothing commercially available that will do this. Your work will need to be manual. I'm not really aware of anyone that has done it either. (any comments here from anyone?). Maybe on a siding or something, but not your mainline. I think you will have too many derailment problems in you were to attempt it. I haven't done it, so can't really offer an experienced comment for you.
Again, welcome and hope to see you around here a bit. :cool:

Gary Pfeil

I think Atlas makes a code 83 to code 100 adapter rail joiner. Never used one, but would assume it would work. If you don't mind soldering I could tell you a way to adapt a regular rail joiner.

Gary

alkcnw

Atlas does make a step down or up rail joiner, from 83 to100 or the other way around depending which way you face it. Also Walthers makes a short transition track that is on a taper. On the atlas web site www.atlasrr.com they call it a transition joiner.:eek:

Welcome Andy, the Atlas adaptor rail joiner works just fine, I used several to join my Atlas code 83 to Peco code 100. If you have a modellers cutting disk (Dremmel or similar) you could make your own very easily.

Errol

andy223

Code 83/100

Thanks All for your reply's.

I think I need to explain a little furher, I am building a layout with my son usng plans from a magazine. The plans use cose 83 and we own code 100 track. What I would like is the code 100 equivalant to code 83 542 and 543 turnouts.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for your help.

Mike & Evan:)

when it comes to useing code 100 and code 83 it is the same the only different is the rail head code 100 has a bigger rail head then code 83.. the smaller the number the more it looks like the real thing..i use them both on my layout in n sacle..

Gary Pfeil

I'm guessing that 542 and 543 must be Atlas stock #'s for code 83 turnouts and what Mike is looking for is the equivalent in code 100. Mike, see if the part list you have indicates the size of the turnout, #4, #6, so on. If so, that is all you need to know, you can buy a #6 turnout in code 100 or 83. Perhaps someone else will look it up for you and post, I can not take the time right now.

Gary

Gary Pfeil

Yes, 542 and 543 are stock #'s for left and right snap switches in code 83. 860 and 861 are code 100 snap switches, manual and 850 and 851 are code 100 snap switches with machines.

Gary