Atlas TTX Articulated Auto Carriers assembly question...

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by FM 1446, Oct 29, 2004.

1. FM 1446

FM 1446 New Member

I recently got the N-Scale Atlas TTX Articualated Auto carrier and I was wondering which would be most realistic when screwing in the center trucks to the body.

The instructions say you could either put the screws on the outside for radiuses greater than 9-3/4" or screw them inside for radiuses less than that. I'm not too concerned right now about tight turns but I just want the model to look as realistic as possible. So any input about this would be appreciated. Also here is a picture if you don't know what I'm talking about:

I'm not sure but I guessed that putting them on the outside would be more realistic when I assembled the car. But this picture from some website shows them on the inside. Whatever is real is what I want to replicate.

Thanks. :)
  2. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Welcome to the Gauge FM1446. If the picture shows shows the screws on the inside, I can't imagine where you would have to put them to be on the outside. I would do whichever gave me the best running on my layout. Operating should be the real test.
  3. FM 1446

FM 1446 New Member

Well the diagram that came with the car showed the screws on the outside with the option to put them on the inside so I did it like the diagram. The funny thing is that I used to be an HO person as a kid, then just recently I "stupidly" strolled into my local hobby shop, started looking at the n-scale trains and bought a RailBox and ADM Hopper. Then recently I went on a buying frenzy to build up a "train set" for my self with a 5 of these TTX cars, a UP SD90, Katy red caboose, two centerbeam cars, a mopac hopper, an Amtrak passenger car and I'm looking to get a SW1500 switcher, and hell............I'm seriously thinking of getting another SD90 or an AC4400CW Union Pacific to complete my friendzy. I've spent a little over $300 on all this stuff. :cry:

I can't believe I'm itching to get another $80 train engine but I think it will make me happy. :)

Edit: Well luckily I was looking on Ebay and got another n-scale Union Pacific SD90 for $49.99. The hobby shop was like $119. :rolleyes: