Atlas Switch machines

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
Anyone know off hand what size screws to use for the wire terminals on Atlas HO twin coil switch machines? I have purchased a lot of used ones and many do not have screws. They don't seem to be a standard size.

Thanks!

Sean

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I think they are a standard electrical connector screw. They are a common size used in electrical contactors, relays, etc. I'm not sure if they are a #2 or #4. What part of California are you in? There is a MacFadden-Dale Industrial Hardware store in Anaheim at 2925 East La Palma Ave. I also found one listed at 129 N Maple Street in Corona, but I don't remember seeing that store when I have been in Corona and I have frequently been in that part of Corona at a refrigeration wholesale supplier around the corner from there.

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
I am in northern Cal in the SAC area. If you believe they are a standard size, then I just need to look furher. I must have missed them last time I looked. Thanks for the input!

N

nachoman

you could drill and tap the hole for a larger size screw... but, my math says that at the price you mentioned, you are looking at abour 40 bucks for 300 screws. Let's say you drrill and tap for a 2-56 screw. You will probably pay 5 cents per screw, for a total cost of 15 bucks. If you don't already have the tap, throw in a few extra bucks and now you are sitting around 20$. I say for 20 bucks, it really aint worth the time, and I would just buy the atlas screws. Even if you did find the correct screws from another supplier, I doubt they will be less than 5 cents a piece.

Kevin

sgtcarl

Jan 11, 2008
in Appalachian Mtns of S.W. Virginia
screwy screws

H-m-m-, I dunno. I'm gonna need a bunch of them, too. Has anyone checked with radio shack? If they ain't got 'em, then maybe they can order them. My best bet would be take one of the control switches along with you when you go to rs or a hardware store. Some hardware stores have screws and such in drawers, so you can try to get a fit that way. They may be metric, but I'm thinking more along the lines of them being machine screws. But I really don't know. An electrical shop would be a good place to start. Lemme know where you find them when you do. :confused::confused: