Atlas Master DCC Help...

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Hey,

I've mentioned before I had the Atlas Master DCC System.

I now need help! I got a Digitrax DH163LO decoder installed in a Life-Like P2K GP7. I believe I have all the wires on my little circle of track hooked up right too.

However, when I start the system up, by plugging it in, I get these messages:

con

then...

Er9.

I've flipped through the manual, but alas, no avail. I'm really mindboggled.:eek:

I really wanna get this thing working, as I've been looking forward to running it!

Help ASAP is appreciated! Thanks!!!

trainwhiz20

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I just exit out of these by pressing "EXIT", but when I set the engine running feature to L 3 for the default decoder, nothing happens when I try to run the engine.

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
Well sounds like the commander is in slave mode, try to take it out of slave mode.

If it will not exit slave mode, check what terminals you have your track hooked up to. I'll bet it isn't where it should be.

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Nevermind.

Thanks for the reply bear. The problem was the decoder. I had to go into programming mode and confirm and reprogram the decoder address. Everything works fine. Can't wait till I get that sound in the 2-8-0.

Thanks guys. Sorry bout that. Guess I'm just befuddled by DCC!:thumb:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Every body gets befuddled by dcc when first starting out. The club member in our club that does dcc trouble shooting is an electronic engineer retired from an aerospace company, and he still had to spend quite a bit of time on the telephone to the chief engineer of the EZDCC system to get all of the bugs out. His learning curve was much steeper than mine, but he got befuddled sometimes. The fun of running multiple trains without having to worry about blocks is definately worht it though.