Atlas Layout thingy

You mean RTS? Use it all the time, did my whole layout on it. A little creativity required, since I use flextrack and it's better at dealing with sectional, but all in all a great bargain for the price...

cidchase

I'm pretty sure that Clark is referring to the Atlas
complete layout packages which include all the track
sections required to build one of their pre-designed layouts.

I figure that the package price would be a good savings off
the individual pieces, but it would all depend on where you
buy them. Trainworld doesn't list the complete packages.
One place I found:

http://lighthousehobbies.com/

I know nada about this outfit, but if it had been there I could
have hit it with a rock from my house when I was a youngster
in Townsend, MA!! :D :D

Clark A.

Sorry guys, yes I was referring to the complete layout pack cid was talking about. I saw one with everything for about 350 USD. Also, buildings and scenery can be bought seperate

3phase

I use rts from atlasrr.com and it works good. Takes alot of time to work with flex track but it will do what you want it to do.

With flex track you almoste have to build the layout first, reason is you have to know the exact measurement "how long" the flex track is befor you can plug it in a drawing.

I have never used any other software so i cant give any opinion...

Pitchwife

Dreamer
3phase said:
I use rts from atlasrr.com and it works good. Takes alot of time to work with flex track but it will do what you want it to do.

With flex track you almoste have to build the layout first, reason is you have to know the exact measurement "how long" the flex track is befor you can plug it in a drawing.

I have never used any other software so i cant give any opinion...

I use rts all the time and agree that the flex track can be a little tricky but have used it from a few inches in length to complete half circles. The trick is to zoom in with the smaller pieces. Another trick for long straight runs is to use sectional track to establish the run, then cut it out and connect flex track to either end and end up with a single long sraight piece of track.