Atlas Forum gone until August?!?!?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by pomperaugrr, Jun 4, 2004.

1. pomperaugrr

pomperaugrr Member

"Dear Atlas Forum Members,

We are pleased to announce that we are in the process of upgrading our forum software to give you increased security and better functionality. As a result, the forum will be closed for maintenance, upgrades, and our annual summer vacation until sometime in August.

Thank you for your continued support of Atlas Model Railroad Company and Atlas O, LLC."

That was unexpected at this point.

2. AIGI

AIGI Member

Yes was very unexpected, no announcement made at all. And i just looked an hour ago and they were up, now nothing. :(
  3. pomperaugrr

pomperaugrr Member

We still have the Gauge!
  4. fifer

fifer Active Member

Thank God!!!

Now I only have two to try to look at dailey.
    Being a hunter and pecker , posting takes me an hour at a chunk!!!

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
  5. animal71bj

animal71bj New Member

I was surprised to see that they will be closed for that long. normally its only a few weeks.
  6. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

That's okay, since I prefer to post on the-gauge. ;)
  7. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

That was a surprise, especially since I'm participating in the Signal Tower challenge and we were suposed to post the completed projects at the end of june.
  8. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Maybe they are trying to keep up with the competion.......US!The Gauge!::)
  9. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:oops: Gone? Gone! I didn't know they existed! :oops:
  10. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

What is that little green box by our post that says we are off our scale?
  11. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

I am with...

...88! :thumb:

Like the pizza box I fell asleep in face first says, "You tried the rest, now try the best".

I am writing a letter to the Attorney General to have a mandated warning applied to all pizza boxes regarding ther hazards of falling asleep face first in your pizza box.

12. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

I have a black box that says "has a disabled reputation"! What's up with that?
  13. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I'm not sure, but I think it's kinda like "Off your rocker" LOL j/k, hafta wait and see if shamus knows what's up with it.
  14. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I think that means you have it disabled, whatever it is, in your profile.
    :confused: :confused: :confused:
  15. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I was just reading a thread earlier today at Atlas reminding members of the annual July shutdown and then it went off line. We here at The Gauge know all about sudden updates and changes depriving us of our beloved forum! Atlas members have my sympathy and welcome to any who venture our way.
    I see these green and black boxes some of you are talking about...but I on't see any messages by them (?) Color me mystified! :)

Edit PS..Oh, I see it now when I plut my curser on it. I see one can "add to my reputation" Be nice! :D
  16. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Ha Jon-monon, I'd rather be off my rocker, than disabled! HeeHee.
  17. eric

eric New Member

I guess I will be posting here for a while and get all my questions answered that I had come up with yesterday that I wanted to ask before the forum were to go down in July. Oh well, I hope we get all kinds of new stuff there.
  18. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

Ha Ralph, I'll add to your rep. if you add to mine?
  19. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Welcome to the gauge eric, ask away. FRED
  20. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Ya Eric, excellent group to help you here! No question too small. Welcome!