Athearn & More Coal Drag

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
A few weeks ago we had the Atlas Coal Drag, now I have the rest of hoppers. Since 90% are Athearn I call this the Athearn & More Coal Drag.

P2K Reading FA1 and FB1
athearncoaldrag_002a.jpg

athearncoaldrag_004a.jpg

Athearn Reading 5-pack
athearncoaldrag_006a.jpg

athearncoaldrag_008a.jpg

athearncoaldrag_010a.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
athearncoaldrag_012a.jpg

athearncoaldrag_014a.jpg

Custom painted and lettered hopper
athearncoaldrag_016a.jpg

Special run hopper for K&D Hobbies
athearncoaldrag_018a.jpg

Custom painted and lettered hoppers
athearncoaldrag_020a.jpg

cn nutbar

missing hopper ?????

hi tom---enjoyed your thread---you're not missing a hopper by any chance---i found this on my layout,a transfer from the eg&e

18031014.jpg

Herc Driver

OK...I think it's safe to say that TomPM can give a class on how to weather both track and cars. Really, really good looking weathering details. Impressive. Were they done with an airbrush?

Art67

Tom,

That's a fine looking coal drag you have there. I agree with Herc Driver about the track and car weathering-very nice.

Stuart

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks folks for the kind words!

As far as the weathering techniques I wrote a couple of articles on how to weather coal hoppers. The articles on weathering the wheels, weathering the trucks, and making home made coal loads have been published. They can be found at the RailroadForum Magazine at: http://www.railroadforum.com/magazine/contents.html . The truck weathering is covered in Issue 4. You will have to select the archive and choose the Wheel Weathering from Issue 3.

I am currently working on the last article for the series. It will cover weathering the car body. I am hoping to have it complete for Issue 5 will be coming out later this summer.

When I get back from vacation this weekend I will talk about the track weathering. It was basically done with a brush. Since I will be doing more shortly I will be taking photos to document it.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Thats one sweet train.

Exelent wheathering Tom. I cant wait for issue 5 on how to wheather those cars.

Great job!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: