Athearn 30K Ethanol Tank Car

Discussion in 'Product Review Forum' started by brakie, Oct 24, 2006.

1. brakie

brakie Active Member

This is RTR car is a model of a Union Tank 30K Ethanol tank car.It features metal walkways,crisp lettering,smooth rolling trucks with metal wheels.The supplied couplers are scale McHenry "Upper and Lower Shelf" couplers and features the knuckle spring.
    Simply put this car has got to the the best RTR car to date produce by Athearn.
    The car features etched metal walkways,scale size grab irons and side bracing as well as the Grade Crossing Safety Stripes along the side of the car.The couplers are McHenry scale upper and lower shelf design couplers with knuckle springs.The car is near the NMRA weight and extremely free rolling..All wheels was in gauge and couplers at the correct height.
    I did not see any way of taking this car apart to add weight.
    My only regret about this car is I didn't order the 3 pack.
    MSRP $24.98.
    Average street price is $17.99

2. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Pretty Sweet, and pretty out of my era... :( Anyways, those 50' reefers they justcame out with are SWEET! :thumb: More praise for Athearn! :)
  3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Wow - that's really crisp looking!! I like it!! Nice photography too. :thumb:

4. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Looks like I will be getting a couple of these RTR for my refinery. Thanks for the review, they sound great and look even better :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: