Assembling/testing Phonix fun star ARF

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by rich141, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich141

rich141 New Member

assembly was pertty sitaiht forward.one thing that is a must with any prehinged ARF fist thing is to add extra pins to the hinges.I simply used tooth piks/CA them & a hand drill bit.the instruction manuals are vage.i installed a ST GS40.on the motor mount.thay in clude a off set engine bolck.but faile to inform you that when installing it.the mount hust be moved to the left to keep alinement of the spinner centerd.the wire landing gear is flimsy.i replaced it with a alum-and just drilled and taped the 1/2in play-block and its pertty good.also moved the rudder servo up behind the throttle to move some wt.froward and it reqired no extra nose wt with the ST40.flying the plane was verry up lifting as it peforms grate.take offs are effortless.it it is verry stable in the air.i flyit in 15 mile hr winds and it verry stable.it dose everything i can do at my skill.landinds are the most surpriseing.she will just about come to a slow almost to hover and make vertical landings.i highly recomend this one for a step up from trainers to tail driggers.Rich.I buy em. I build em I crash EM.I buy more DO you think I have the bug Rich Galveston TX;)
  2. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

It would be nice to see a pic of the plane. Can you add a link or post a pic of it??
  3. rich141

rich141 New Member

it is in the tower flyer and on there web pg.cost is $109.99.
    one ting the catalog dose not show is it comes with a really nice fiber glass pre painted cowl.flying it. the with transparnt covering i cut out the bottom cvering re coverd the bottom with red mono coate.for better vison
    Rich
  4. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.