Assembling Intermountain trucks ...

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by TexasBluebird, Nov 11, 2004.

1. TexasBluebird

TexasBluebird New Member

My niece bought me a Canada hopper I had been looking for, but instead of RTR, it was a kit. While my eyes aren't what they once were — even with the magnifying light — I have been moving along until I got to assembling the trucks.

The "instructions" only give you a completed picture and no instructions and, for the life of me, I can't get there from here. Any suggestions or help from anyone?

Also, this kit looked as if it had never been opened but when I tore open the package that contained the parts for the trucks, etc., there are no couplers ... even though the "instructions" reference to them as if they were part of the kit.

Again, any help available?
  2. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Why not try calling or emailing Intermountain directly. If parts are missing most manufacturers are happy to send them to you. As for instructions, they should be able to help with that too.

If you go to their website you'll see the link to their email adress. If you can't wait, there's a phone no. too.

3. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

If I remember correctly the trucks on the Intermountain hopper were the worst trucks they ever came out with. Intermountain completely redesigned the trucks on subsequent car kits. I'd reccommend deep sixing the Intermountain trucks and get some from another manufacturer.