Assault rifles

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Nemesis7485, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

I'd like to find some full scale models of weapons such as the SA-80 or the M-16, etc. We're not allowed replica firearms in the UK but I reckon i could prolly get away with ones made from paper...... mebbe.
  2. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

I did find some model hand guns somewhere - can't remember where tho.......

Just don't try to use them to hold up a bank in the rain ;)
  3. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

Living in the UK, I don't have much choice when it comes to the rain, lol.

I did see a site with lots of handguns, myself. Only one rifle, though. The AK47. I'll keep looking, though. :)
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I tried to respond in this thread yesterday but it kept timing out for some reason....

Ž†‚­‚¸»ìŠì•i <= this is the AK47 site you mentioned but the files are no longer available.

Flymodel makes a Mac10 model and thats about it unless you consider Jan Rukr's Sci-fi builds.

The only other way is to use a 3D program in concert with some Hi-Res game models and design your own. I tried and gave up because I figured it would be quicker than designing my own from scratch only to realize I was better off to do that then work with what was at best ... a mess of someone elses work which was not meant to be outside of a game.

The hardest part would be texturing the model.

Side note: A fellow forum admin in the UK on a game site re-enacts as a German Anti-tank infantryman. His collection of arms is extensive and includes STG44's, FG42's, an MP38 and even a MG42. Most are deactivated and some are set to fire prop rounds for re-enacting.

The last time they war-gamed he and his team were slogging through the woods with an actual PAK40 AT gun and were caught 'pants-down' by the enemy. He said it was fun but expensive.
  5. Loopy

Loopy Member

Ž†‚­‚¸»ìŠì•i had a couple of guns, AK47, M733, MP5 and others, don't know how many are downlaoadable at the moment.

Try 3D¯È¼Ò«¬ºô<3D papermodel net> select the link to "Weapons" and take a look, but it seems that this kind of model is a bit scarce at the moment.

Someone mentioned a model of a Stg44 that was available a while back as a free download. Does anybody perhaps have that available?

6. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

Thanks for the info, Stev0. I think designing models myself would be a little outside my capability. I don't have an ounce of artistic talent in me, lol.

Joining an re-enactment group is someththing that's been on my to do list for quite a while. When I win the lottery, I'll be looking into it further. there are a few groups not too far from me but as you say, the expense is what's holding me back at the moment.

Thanks for the pointers, Loopy. You're right, they do seem very scarce. The Kamikuzu site which seems to have one or two acording to the info on your second link, is a 404 for me at the moment so I'll check on it again later.

Thanks again, folks.
  7. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

With the exception of the AK, the stuff on Kamikuzu's site wasn't anywhere near 1:1. The XM came out about 8-10 inches long. When I built it, I narrowed the reflex sight off of the Mac-11 CQB and put it up top. I would take pics, but I gave it to my brother.
  8. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

Ack! Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait until someone with the knowhow decides people would be interested in uch models. It seems strange to me that weapons models aren't more popular.
  9. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

How about instead building a full-scale model of a saxophone? :)
  10. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

Now how can I hold up a bank with a saxaphone, lol?
  11. knife

knife Member

Threaten to play it
  12. Nemesis7485

Nemesis7485 Member

You have a point. With my lack of musical talent, just one note and they'd be begging to hand over.
  13. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'm really glad I didn't read this in the morning ... coffee just being sipped with a new keyboard and flatpanel monitor.

14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yeah ... the Mp5 I built anyway even though it seemed 1/2 scale.
  15. Corsair

Corsair New Member

really? an stg 44 those were sweet never saw the dwnload darn i wish it was still there
  16. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

I don't know...there is a list of weapons in this one site...lemme check...
  17. Corsair

Corsair New Member

18. Richard

Richard Member

about the STG44, this model was for download a couple of years ago but only for a week or so. Can't remember the url of the site, in those days it went from one server to another a couple of times.
    If I can retrace it I'll post it here.

here's a pic of my build

Attached Files:

19. Corsair

Corsair New Member

thats sweet is it hard?
    to build i mean
  20. Richard

Richard Member

not really hard but needed a lot of reinforcement