As requested.....PICS!!!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Chessie1973, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

Well I finally go the Dgicam out of the box and took some pics once the dust settled from this past weeks construction.

Here is one of my layout in its entirety, Excuse the mess it is a work in progress.

It is a 4 x 8 layout with a gently grade from to rear and a level run along the back 40.

I am using green florist foam to built up the grades and such and I will be using the plaster paper towel method to cover it all soon.

I plan to have a river with 2 lane highway following it along through the middle section.

Attached Files:

2. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

Next up are a few shots of some unusual Loco's me and my Mother found on ebay and such.

First is my Bachmann Spectrum.

It is a Fairbanks Morse H16-44

Attached Files:

3. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

This one we think is a EMB BL-1 but we are not entirely sure, maybe someone here can positively identify it for us. It was made by AHM .

Attached Files:

4. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

Next up are some action shots of my "Workhorses"

CSX and Chessie pulling the load.

Attached Files:

5. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

CSX and Chessie still, This time climbing the grade around the bend.

Attached Files:

6. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

Long view of the entire train.

Sorry about the Sombrero ashtry in the foreground

Attached Files:

7. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

And now a couple of shots of those nice EMD's that were working so hard in the previous shots.

First we have CSX 890

Attached Files:

8. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

And then we have Chessie 3547

Attached Files:

9. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

I cleaned up the layout some to get some better shots of it.

A shot from the side and above

Attached Files:

10. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

One from the open end down the length.

This one has a pretty good view of my first attempt at the sprinkling method of doing plaster using wet paper towels and a mason jar salt shaker

Attached Files:

11. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

Last one for now.

A close up of the foam track supposrts that will eventually be covered by the plaster skin of the scenery.

I put one of these at ever track joint since I am using Bachmann EZ Track

Attached Files:

12. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Your new camera takes great pics. Of course you realize if you are going to model the gorge you will have to get rid of all that foreign road stuff. Only Southern and L & N allowed out here thank you! :D :D :D
  13. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Very nice photos, the layout is coming along very well, like the bridge side.
  14. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Great pics, I love the BL!

What kinda foam you usin'?
  15. Its green florist foam. I used it in my last layout. The stuff is VERY clean when u cut it with a knife or anything. The cool yet not importent thing is it sucks water up like nothing else.

(p.s. my mom usta own a flower shop ;) :p :) )
  16. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

Yep, give the man a cigar.

Green florist foam.

Both the softer type and also the more rigid sheets.

The Camera I used was a Hewlet Packard digital Camera of my mothers that we got for her for christmas last year.

I Managed to get rid of all my cheap rolling stock and locos and I went with Athearn as my choice for most of it.

I have some P2K stuff like my Clinchfield flatcar. IWe used to live next toa clinchfield Mainline when I was little so I figured I would add in a bit of my past in my rolling stock.

I think instead of doing my custom CSX logo like I was planning I may just model transition CSX when there were still chessie painted cars and locos in the CSX fleet. That way I can do my two favorite paint schemes and still be able to find nice rolling stock.
  17. interurban

interurban Active Member

Nice to see what you are up to.. Glad you went Athearn.. I have always liked there product.