around the room track ideas!

hello everyone, i know i have posted regarding this topic before, but im really haveing a time trying to come up with a feasable track plan for my around the room shelf type benchwork. i have looked everywhere for possible suggestions, but come up empty handed. does anyone know any links to some larger around the room style track plans? my shelves are 2' wide all the way around. thanks!

hey andrew, thanks for the response. yes, the bench work is already built to fit the room. the room measures 10'2" wide by 16' long. the shelves as i mentioned earlier are all 2' wide except in corners where they are 22.5 for large radius curves. i like the B&M in the link you provided, but im looking for something with an over under type setting to it. thanks for the link, it is very nice.

interurban

Hi Steve, it sounds like you have done all the hard work your self,,Why not go all the way and devise your own track plan??
Some one else`s plan proberly wont fit your bench work anyway.
I bet you know what you want to run ,also time frame, ect.
Look for some shelf dioramas that may spur you imagination and see where it takes you.
:wave:
Looking forward to YOUR progress. :thumb:
ps I will post a few soon.
try this link

http://www.carendt.us/microplans/index.html

interurban

Steve here are some ideas for you :D

Attachments

• P3150019.jpg
    P3150019.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 221
  • P3150022.jpg
    P3150022.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 219
  • P3150024.jpg
    P3150024.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 220
  • P3150027.jpg
    P3150027.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 215
  • P3150028.jpg
    P3150028.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 215

Lighthorseman

Hmmmm...

Okay, Steve - I'm guessing here that you're working in HO. Here are a few questions I have for you.

---> 1.) What era do you plan to run? (Do you have a specific time frame in mind?)
---> 2.) Do you have a particular area in mind that you'd like to model? (Mountains? Prairies? ...etc.)
---> 3.) Does your shelf layout go all around the room?
---> 4.) Do you prefer operations, or continuous running?

Just a few ideas to help us help you. :)