Arms and Armor

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by thewoodengraver, May 17, 2007.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I just recieved this wonderful book from Dover, $40.00 and it has 694 pages with over 4500 illustrations...'tis a very promising future for my cardmodel designs...
  2. Gearz

Gearz Member

Now that looks interesting Phil, did you have anything in mind that you'd like to design from it? a samurai helmet would make an great build.
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Quick ... build me a 1:1 scale suit of Half-Plate!!!

4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

There is a samurai helmet on yamahas site :D

A suit of full plate out of paper! That would be sweet - then make some chain mail and then you will be ready for a couple tank treads!
  5. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Yep, some armour, then make the weapons from Sheila's Papermodels and you'd be set.:)

Click Downloads then go to bottom of the page for a
    Doublebladed axe
    Spiked mace

Some of the other stuff shown on the cover of the book looks like some good subjects, too. You could outfit yourself and go on a quest.:grin:
  6. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hey thanks for the tip cgutzmer, just had a look... clever use of a single part, it reminds me of those pop-out type books.. very stylish model!
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Oh yeah - and a 1-1 catapult of hers too :) that would be rocking!
  8. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Thank you gentlemen!
    I plan many things, including all the things you the chain mail that is. lol

Yes, the book has suits or armor, swords, knives, crossbows, you name it, if real men used them in hand-to-hand combat, it is included...

Not sure what scale I will betcha it will be tiny!:twisted:
  9. Clashster

Clashster Member

The Lamb Lies Down Again! Nice quote, Phil!