ID me 8)

00013ad.jpg

ramatoto

Jul 30, 2005
Germany
www.ramatoto-homepage.de
Hi NOBI,

very impressive!

I´ve just received the files from Papertigerarmament to scale them up, but now i will wait, and scale down:grin:.(please not so many small parts, or i´ll get some problems in 1/48:razz:)

Ralf

nebeltex

Feb 3, 2004
texas
papertigerarmaments.com
i like it. i do feel, however, that the mantle is a bit too wide. also, the outer cannon mantlet should have the left edge flat, right edge steep sloped. i believe yours is the other way around. the thing i like about the huge turret is you can put all sorts of patriotic slogans on the sides. keep us posted. cheers, c.b.

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
nebeltex said:

Certainly for the KV-1/KV-2 - I'm not sure about the KV-85 though. There were quite a lot of detail differences between the early and later running gear. I guess it wouldn't be noticeable in small scales though.

I think the problem with the 150mm gun mantlet is that the front plate is too wide. The mantlet assembly was almost square. The side plates of the mantlet were semicircular with curved edges. Check out the KV-2 images on www.jagdtiger.de site.

Regards,

Charlie

nebeltex

Feb 3, 2004
texas
papertigerarmaments.com
charliec said:
Certainly for the KV-1/KV-2 - I'm not sure about the KV-85 though. There were quite a lot of detail differences between the early and later running gear. I guess it wouldn't be noticeable in small scales though.

http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/WWII/KV/kv2/kv2_draw.gif

you are right charlie. above is the link to the drawings i used for reference. i think i remember there being more than one version of the KV2, though they were built in relatively low numbers and for only a short time. the differences between the two are minor. one thing i noticed, and did not incorporate into mine, is the roadwheels on the right side are slightly behind those on the left. i'm thinking this is for an opposing torsion bar suspension. there is a bit more of a chassis/hull difference for the /85. primarily semi-circular hull fillets extending over the fenders in the area of the turret. the JS series is similar but with many more chassis/hull improvements.

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
I hope you didn't take my comment as criticism of your approach. I was trying to make the point that at Nobi's 1/35 scale the detail differences between the KV-85 and KV-1 would be noticeable. The whole KV-85 saga seems rather confused to me. Certainly the early production KV-85s were reworked KV-1S
hulls. One wonders how many new production hulls made up the KV-85 production run or whether a fair number of them were recycled KV-1.

The offset of the roadwheels on the heavy Soviet tanks is, as you say, caused by torsion bars running across the hull. The German approach was to point the swing arms in opposite directions so the roadwheels lined up. There is supposed to be a consequence of having offset roadwheels - the tank tends to pull towards the roadwheel set which lags.

kampfflieger said:
What scale of this monster?

The KV-2 design was fairly conservative compared to some of the other KV designs. The KV-4 designs were around 90 tons. http://www.battlefield.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=51&Itemid=48&lang=en

Regards,

Charlie

nebeltex

Feb 3, 2004
texas
papertigerarmaments.com
charliec said:
I hope you didn't take my comment as criticism of your approach. I was trying to make the point that at Nobi's 1/35 scale the detail differences between the KV-85 and KV-1 would be noticeable.

not at all. you can get away with inaccuracies easier in 1/72 scale than 1/35 (read; "artistic license"). the build photo looks great. the KV vehicles were fairly basic in their design and so should make a good looking and relatively uncomplicated paper model in any scale.

NOBI

Jan 15, 2004
Bangkok, Thailand
Big gun...KV-2

This is a picture of 1/35 scale KV-2's beta build. Everything go very well, more work on wheel but worth to do. Kit will available soon.

DSC02478.jpg

NOBI

Jan 15, 2004
Bangkok, Thailand
This picture is sample of 1/35 KV-2's part what show a cyric text on turret. look very promising and attractive eye...this model is big eventhough in 1/35 scale that make modeller easy to build. final kit will be available soon.

You can visit my blog (http://thaipaperwork.blogspot.com/) to see my design progress :roll:

kv-2%201.0.jpg

tino

Mar 17, 2004
Ponte de Lima Portugal
Nobi,
every time i enter in your site cant do nothing. I only see the main page!!
When i clic in the links for example armour series or other nothing happen.
Is that me or is the site?

yaniv

Nov 6, 2004
NOBI

LIKE ALWAYS YOUR MODELS LOOK JUST GRAT AND SIMPEL

I LIKE YOUR WORK AND STILL WAIT FOR THE ISRAELI C130

P.S
ABOUT YOUR WEBSITE

as u know i am a web menger and i can run and make your web site :)

NOBI

Jan 15, 2004
Bangkok, Thailand
Amazyah said:
Hi Nobi,
I love the KV-2 and I see it is now available to buy on your site.
I am definately going to get this one.

I would also like to get the Cromwell too but there is no link for it.
How do I get this one?

Thanks,
Russell

Cromwell is up for download now, go to http://thaipaperwork.com for more information and thank you very much in advance for all who want to support my work by purchase my commercial model :)

Status
Not open for further replies.