Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by jrts, Jul 3, 2005.

1. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Here are the rules for all sections: -

Group 1

16's and under

C) You must be 16 or under at the start of your build

B) You must a free download, not a bought kit at all.

C) This must not come before SCHOOL WORK OR JOB'S AROUND THE HOME

D) You must post up-dates on the site

Parent: If at anytime Rule C is not met e-mail me and a warrning will be given, if rule C is still not met the build will be disqualified no appeal.

Group 2

As designed

A) Your free download or bought kit must be built as designed, no add on's

B) You can use plastic for any glass in the build, wood/metal can only be used if paper/card parts are not supplied in the kit

C) You must post up-dates of your build on site

Group 3

A) You must post up-dates of your build on site

Three prizes will be awarded in each group (not by me)

The winner of each group will get first choice of the three models on offer in each group. Then the first runner up will pick from the two models left. Third prize in each group will be the model left.

This is so I can tell the winners christmas day :D

The prizes will be high detailed models, to give you an idea this is the first prize in group 2.
    I will post all the prizes tomorrow night.

(I had to re post this as I had posted it in the wrong section, while moving it my system crashed and I lost the lot :oops: )
  2. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Since I am 16, would it be possible for me to enter all 3 groups, or is there a one entry per person limit? I have never built any armour models, but I have been planning on purshasing a few tanks along with a few ships sometime soon. Could I start with a free tank for practice and enter it. Then if I purchase a kit, could I enter that as a group 2 or group 3 model along with the free model in group 1?
  3. charliec

charliec Active Member

In some cases "as designed" models have structural problems usually
    related to inadequate strength of the modelled suspension. It often is
    impossible to build as designed because the suspension collapses under
    the models weight. In cases such as this can a reinforced model be
    entered in the "as designed" section provided the additional parts are
    only related to reinforcing the model so it can approximate the designer's

4. murban

murban Member

where do you want us to post the build updates? Will there be a special section or should we just put it into the "Armour" category?

My thought about the "As designed" competition category: It should be allowed to change the internal structure as needed, but all "visible" parts must be built "per instructions" - no addons, modifications, etc.

Also, for the "wood and metal" rule - I suggest also allowing plastic rods.

5. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Dustin

You can enter as many models as you want and in whatever group you want. Just remember that if you enter group 1 RULE C WILL APPLY :twisted: :lol:

Thats the whole idea of this is to get you all building with an equal chance for all levels of building skills

If a kit has a bad fit or the parts are inadequate for the job they are intended, thats a different matter. Parts then have only been altered to make them fit or stronger, not added to the kit. Thats one of the reason for the up-date photo requirement in the rules. It can then be shown why something has been done and we can all learn from it :D

At the end of the day its all about having fun

6. charliec

charliec Active Member

Thanks for the clarification of the rules.

It was prompted by the Maly Modelarz Cromwell - I was looking at it as a
    possible build and noticed the suspension arms were designed so that it
    probably would have collapsed under it's own weight. Pity it's quite an impressive model.

7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

we are talking strickly armor(armour in british english) not all military vehicles?

just wanted to put it straight in my head

8. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Rick

Your right I should have made this point clear when I set this one out :roll:

The competition is for the heavy stuff, tanks, half tracks, rail guns and other artillery.

The trucks and jeeps, light stuff are just transport vehicles not fighting equipment. Before anyone jumps on my back over that little comment, the line has to be drawn at some point.
    After all two 50 cals would fit in to my pick-up truck no problem but its not a fighting vehicle, well not all the time :lol: :lol:

Not so long down the line I will do a competition for vehicles of all sorts in groups again. This is just an idea right now but this is the sort of thing Iam thinking of with the grouping for the vehicle one: -

Race cars/ bikes: - F1, ralley ect, ect, ect

Commercial: - Trucks and other delivery vehicles

Military: - Trucks, jeeps and staff cars, ect

Others can be added its just an idea right now.

Hope this clears this one up a bit

9. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Boy and Girls

Just to let it sink in, you have about a month to finish your builds for this competition. REMEMBER NO EXTRA TIME WILL BE GIVEN!!!!!

Once you have finished your build, so as to have no one miss out, please send me an e-mail with your photos attached to this e-mail address: -

I will go through the listing but will not be held up to be shot if I miss one if an e-mailis not sent. Size of attachment must not be more than 1MEG.

If anyone has any problems with this please e-mail me to let me know and I will sort something else out for you.

Have fun and take care all of you

10. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Time is running out for this competition!!

So if you have built it post it.......

Take care all

11. Bernie

Bernie Member

12. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Bernie

The link seems to come up as dead when I try it, send the photo my e-mail

I will let you know ASAP!!

I hope it is, this competition seems to be a bit short on punters

13. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Boys and girls

Well another competition is done and dusted!!

As far as I can see I have one build for Cat 1 ( 16 and under )
    Two for Cat 2 ( Built as designed ) and Three for Cat 3 ( Open build )

If I have not missed anyone that means that I get to keep two models from Cat 1 and one model from Cat 2!!!!

Just a little shocked at that for shure.

The winners will be told who has won what by the weekend,

For those who entered even the unfinished ones, thanks for the support for this. I know some off you had work and home problems or both, THANKS for having a go.

Have fun with the builds as thats what its all about