arizona train shows

N

nachoman

anyone going to the train show in N Phoenix this weekend?

kevin

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I'm planning on being there from 9-11am. I say planning 'cause I've got a nasty cold right now and am hoping it will be better by then. Since I am only planning on staying for a couple of hours, I will not be displaying any of my coffee table layouts this year.

masphx

When and where is this train show?
Im down in Tucson and heard about a train swapmeat going on the 4th of Nov. but that is all. Is there something else?

ezdays

Out AZ way
First of all, welcome to the Gauge. Yeah, there's a train show up in Adobe Mountain train park on Pinnicle Peak Rd. just west of I-17. The swap meet isn't as big as the one up in N. Phoenix, but there's lots more to see there. N scale, HO scale, G scale layouts and even train rides. Me, unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make this one. Probably the one on November 4th in N. Phoenix should be OK.

jflessne

Maybe this information???

[SIZE=+2]November[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]4: “In the Heat” Railroad Swap Meet.[/SIZE] 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. North Phoenix Baptist Church, 5757 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ. $5.00 at Door. Tables $20.00. (602) 336-0973. NPBC-Sr. Adults. David Jerry (602) 336-0973

ezdays

Out AZ way
jflessne said:
Maybe this information???

[SIZE=+2]November[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]4: “In the Heat” Railroad Swap Meet.[/SIZE] 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. North Phoenix Baptist Church, 5757 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ. $5.00 at Door. Tables $20.00. (602) 336-0973. NPBC-Sr. Adults. David Jerry (602) 336-0973
That works.sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

Ray Marinaccio

I plan to be at the show this weekend at Adobe Mountain RR park at 22822 North 43rd Avenue.South of Pinnicle Peak Rd.
Sat. Oct 28 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM.

Attachments

• Adobe rr.jpg
    Adobe rr.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 148

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Update with a couple pictures...

Well, went to the train show/swap meet today (picture 1)! Heard the names of a lot of Tucson guys winning the door prizes. I hope some of them happened to be Gauge members! Met up with Ray Marinaccio for a short. As I said my "see ya laters" to him, he was on his way back in for his third trip of goodies! That Ray really knows how to find 'em. Myself, I came back home with nothing. I was looking for N scale bridges to no avail. There were lotsa people, all layouts were running trains and the weather was great.
During the afternoon, I took my family to a friends birthday party at a park I'd never been to down in Chandler. Surprise! They had a train (picture 2)! It was a pretty good Saturday. Come on Ray.... let's see what little treasures you found!

Attachments

• DCP_4376 copy.jpg
    DCP_4376 copy.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 122
  • DCP_4399 copy.jpg
    DCP_4399 copy.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 129

Ray Marinaccio

Yea, We made quite a haul.
Mostly "junk".
I bought a couple box lots that turned up some real treasures.
The first is one my son found. He wanted the P2K E unit and talked them down to $20 for the lot.
The highlights of this lot are the P2K E unit, a P2K BL2 shell, a newer version Rivarrossi Pacific and a Mantua Mikado.
The second lot I found, I paid the man immediately what he was ashing. $25 bought this lot of projects which include Varney 4-6-0, an Athearn Lil-Monster, A New One 0-8-0 a Mantua Pacific, extra Mantua Pacific and Mikado boilers, A Bachmann 2-8-0, a Penn-Line Whitcomb switcher shell and some diesel loco shells and some extra tenders.
We found the Bachmann Mash loco and extra cars to complete our second Mash train.
The next photo is of a few odds and ends we picked up.
The last photo is of the 6 Kurtz-Kraft box car kits I got for $1 each. These are said to be the first plastic HO car kits produced.

Attachments

• Oct28$02.JPG
    Oct28$02.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Oct28$05.JPG
    Oct28$05.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Oct28$06.JPG
    Oct28$06.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Oct28$08.JPG
    Oct28$08.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Oct28$11.JPG
    Oct28$11.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 103

Ray Marinaccio

I bought this Gilbert Hudson for $15, It was like the one I played with as a child.
My wife picked up this Walthers 0 gauge beer can tanker kit, as I explained to her what it was the man said we could have it for $1.
I saw this P&LE Mikado book and asked the price. I was told it was one of the door prizes.
Darned if they didn't draw my name for a door prize.

Attachments

• Oct28$15.JPG
    Oct28$15.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Oct28$17.JPG
    Oct28$17.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Oct28$18.JPG
    Oct28$18.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 102

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Wow, that's quite the collection! I thought for sure you would have picked up that HO doodlebug. Possibly somebody else got to it before you if you did not see it. Neat stuff.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Yeah, Ray and his family always seems to get the best stuff, but you have to admit, they work at it.:thumb: :thumb:

Hey, who's going to the show this Saturday up at the church? I'm going to give it a try. I still get tired very quickly, but that's still a good five days away, so we'll see how well I am by then.:) I might bring Peggy with me just in case she needs to drive us home. Shhhh, she doesn't know this yet, so don't tell her whatever you do..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ray Marinaccio

I'm not sure our hobby budget will recover in time.
But you know, stranger things have happened.
I may ride down with one of the club members just to look around and talk trains.

masphx

Hi
I'm new to this forum and some what to model railroading.
I was panning on driving up to Phoenix for the weekend to go to the train show and to hobby shops in phoenix to price check and see what they got. Tucson it seems does not have many hobby shops to choose from whne it omes to trains( if anyone knows some please tell me).
If anyone is going and could meet up for a few minutes to give some advice this would be much appreciated.
Mason

N

nachoman

I'll be there provided I don't have to work or have to sign house paperwork. My new house is pretty near there, unfortunately I probably won't have closed by this weekend!

kevin

ezdays

Out AZ way
Mason/Kevin/Ray and whoever else is planning on going, we can arrange to meet somewhere. I can find Ray, TrainNut and Jim Currie (assuning they're going) but I'm sure we can figure something out between now and then for those that we don't know by sight.

caellis

masphx,
Ever try the ACE hardware? I believe it is on 22nd street.
Been there several times. Lots of goodies!