Are we running faster and better?

ezdays

Out AZ way
We need some feedback. How are things running today since we now have a new set of hardware to handle things? Is loading pages faster? Has anyone experienced "time-outs" when waiting for a page to load? How about you people on dial-up? Do you see any difference.

And remember too, you can now upload directly to a post, Peter fixed that as well.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

woodone

Too soon for me to tell. Just got on line this morning.
I did not notice any problems before- I don't post that much so that may be the differance.
I am sure there were many hours to get this installed. Thanks to Peter's hard work.
Thanks Peter for a great job.:thumb:

Art Decko

Things are MUCH faster from Shanghai (China). Before, I was clocking page loads in the 3 - 5 minute range (across cable broadband). Tonight, the last two threads had 20 *second* page load times. That's a difference of an order of magnitude! Great job!!

Also glad to hear we can again upload graphics. Good work!

Russ Bellinis

It is loading much faster for me today, Don. I made one post where I made one of my normal typos and hit the submit button before I saw the typo and had to go back to edit. I had to use the "go advanced" button to get the edit to load, but on other posts that I wanted to edit, the normal edit function went through very fast for me. It is a big improvement. Thanks for all of the work you guys have put into the site.

cnw1961

Oh yeah, a lot faster than yesterday :mrgreen::mrgreen:sign1. No, seriously, it is running very well today and even though I didn’t have any problems with loading speed most of the time, it even seems to be a bit faster now. Peter, thank you for all the work you put into The Gauge and for "wasting" a Sunday to upgrade the hardware :thumb:.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. So far, it's noticeably faster for me too.

One more thing I have on the to-do list, hopefully today, is changing how the attachments are stored. Right now we have almost 45,000 attachments in the database. It's huge!

The change in how we store them should make a difference in how fast the site is too. And, I have two 500 GB hard drives in this beast now too, so go ahead and upload!

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Except for yesterday sign1 it has always been as fast as it is today for me. I guess I was one of the few that didn't have any problems.

Nomad

It is running lots faster for me, and I like the way you have more threads on the start page now.
Thanks Peter !

Loren

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I noticed on my end it is running slow. Was running fast earlier today but not now, it is back to being slow for me.:curse:

doc_harvey

I did not have any problems either. The site has been loading up and running just fine for me. I hope that the attachment upload problem is fixed.

Pete

pfs

It seems better, once you sperate all the attachments from the DB we will notice marked improvement. Good luck.

When the changeover was first made, I did notice that it was running slower on my dial-up connection at home AND on my faster connection at work. But lately it does seem to be loading a little more quickly at home.

Also I'm thankful that I can now edit the pictures in my old posts.

Jim Krause

I haven't been on for about a week. I did notice that when I tried to get onto The Gauge, I got a "Database Error" notification instead of the title.

chooch.42

Just back on since the weekend, seems faster than before the weekend's work,nearly as quick per page as before the upgrade to Zealot (on my 128k DSL). Thanks Peter and everyone else for burning it at both ends ! Got my pics back too! No more "RED X's" Bob C

phoneguy

NO I've got a 1.5 DSL and it's still slower than before you changed. I can't go to links in posts. When I try to go back to the original post it says page timed out. I have to relog on and start at the beginning.

Bones

I'd say it's better overall. A noticable improvement.
I'm having some 'time out' issues with certain topics though. I still haven't found the commen denominator for those topics, but I'll let you know if I do.