Are we "5" yet?????

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Well, it must be Midnight in OZ :) So - - I'm going to post this before anyone else does LOL

The gauge is 5 Years old 12 - 15 - 05

I can't believe I've been here almost 5 years myself (Joined 12-20-2000)

What a cool place to have wasted 5 years of my life :D :D :D :D

To all the members - Young & Old..... Older or newbies.....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

For making this place - a great place to visit... and watch over....

~~ Mikey (Admin)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Only early morning here in the Southwest, but if they can celebrate Mardi Gras a week before Ash Wednesday, why not celebrate the Gauge's birthday a day early?

Five years ago, modeling wasn't even a twinkle in my eye, too busy making a living and getting ready for retirement. My third aniversary here is coming up early next year, shortly after I chose MRR to focus on. I've never regretted it, nor regretted the time I spend here on the Gauge.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GAUGE

doctorwayne

To temper the birthday celebrations, I am displeased to report that my attempts to gain access to this site result in me ending up at a site manufacturing and selling gauges for machinery. They also mention something about an expired domain name, which I would suppose is something that lasts for five years. I managed to get here by Googling "The Gauge", but that's a bit inconvenient.
Wayne

N Gauger

Just a bit of 5 year excitement. Seems that the domain name was reserved for 5 years and it expired at midnight last night... The internet it still catching up to wether it has been renewed ort not.. :( I guess since we're still here - it has been renewed :)

doctorwayne

Well, that's a relief: I still have a couple hundred pictures to post. I guess the company making the automotive gauges will be puzzled by my email to them!
Wayne

ausien

Wayne, your not the only one that had a problem this morning. I to was taken to that very site, and even googling, could not get me in here, but the problem seams to be fixed now. I think we can concider it the webs equiverlent to a birthday spanking...

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY'

TO THE GAUGE..... HERE`S TO ANOTHER 5 YRS... have a good one.steve

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Happy number 5 for the Gauge!
Did you check that list Mikey? A lot of members visited 21 years before they became members.
The server isn't a De Lorean is it?

shaygetz

2 1/2 years, 2,290+ posts...Dude, when I have more posts than the Administrators, I need to get another hobby. Glad to see it survived the Great Domain Debacle :thumb:

N Gauger

eightyeightfan1 said:
Happy number 5 for the Gauge!
Did you check that list Mikey? A lot of members visited 21 years before they became members.
The server isn't a De Lorean is it?
:D :D After today, I think it is the De Lorean... The De Lorean broke down a few times too :) :)

Yeahm, dont worry about the "bad" year posts :) It's the join dates that are correct :)

Pooh Bah
It looks as if it took me over a year to find the Gauge. I think in that time that I've met a dozen of the members in person.
Well done, all those who had an official hand in it!

Thanks for the wakeup call. I couldn't remember when I joined, so I looked myself up. 12-27-00, so I guess that makes me an "old timer" even though I don't post much. It's been great, with lots of good folks here. Let's go for another 5, 10 or 15.

RailRon

Five years of the greatest forum around! Yeeeeeehhh-haah! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cool: :D

And full steam ahead into the next five years - or hopefully some more... :wave: :wave: :wave:

Ron

N Gauger

Well, Here on 12 - 17 - 05, We have our first profile:

Paul (Shamus) Templar found the Gauge a few days before I did.. :) I never heard of him and thought that this person was a good modeler, just from a few things he posted and his attitude. He always loves the chance to help anyone who will ask him anything.

I (a member at that time) started paying attention to what he was doing, due in the most part that The gauge was my first organized experience to a MRR Forum. I had visited a few others, but "Big Blue" seemed to fit my modeling needs... Soon, Shamus became good frieds with all of us "newbies" Dave H, Catt & I just to name a few.... Soon he became the First Admin of The Gauge

I have learned a lot from him and will never be able to repay him for his friendship and guidance here on The Gauge.. :)

Where is he now????? :D Still living in his native UK, But he doesnt visit us here a lot anymore. He runs another train board, which has a lot of gauge members on it, including me of course :)

It's called: All Model Railroading But if you really care to learn something about On30 logging - you must visit : The Cooncreek & Tumbleweed Springs -- The, layout,and the web site are all done by Shamus, truly a great place to visit.....

......... More anniversaries coming soon :) :)

shamus

Registered Member
Awwww Mikey, thats was real nice of you, yep, been a while, but I still pop in nearly everyday just to see whats going on. 5 years WOW is it that long. Lets hope the gauge keeps going for another 5 years and more.

Cheers Mikey

Shamus

N Gauger

and a day after Shamus joined, 12-18-05, The Gauge aquired another long time member: Johnathan (Catt) Edwards...A purrveyer of "Possible Actualities"

To say that Catt set us off in the beginning would be a huge understatement. Catt came in with an attitude and permanantly affixed his place in the pecking order. :D :D

He may seem to be gruff, but rest assured, if you ask him anything, he will answer you honestly and to the best of his ability. He has been absolutly indespensible in our moderator discussions here. He has helped both Shamus and myself be better Administrators, by "keeping us in line" :D

I would recommend him to anyone anywhere for help both in model railroading or as an admin, (Whispers: But i don't want to lose him) :D :D :D

Where is he now?: He's still hanging around here - helping us everyday, keeping watch over the Narrow Gauge, N / Z, Tips & Tricks and Scratchin & Bashin threads. :)

He runs a board, that unless you really havent been up on news of The Gauge, you should know of: The North American Rail Alliance or NARA He captained this really neat site, along with Matthyro (Robin), who most of us knew since he joined The Gauge ( 12-28-2000) Many of The Gauge members have their railroads listed on NARA as well :) (Check our signatures) :)

.. more later...........

C

Catt

WOW!!! 5 years allready.

Boy Howdy,the time sure flys when your having fun with good friends. :D

Here's hoping we have another 5,10,or 15 years together as good as the first 5 were.