Are there C&NW units still painted C&NW?

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by CNWman, Jan 5, 2007.

1. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Just wanna know if there are still any C&NW units in their green & yellow scheme with their proud logo still visible are active anywhere in the U.S. aside from the 1995 UP Heritage desiel. If you can get pics on The Gauge as well i'd apreceate
  2. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Last i knew, UP still has 3 CNW Dash-9's are ARE unpatched:thumb:. for a long time they had 4 of them, but early last year one of the LAST four CNW Dash-9's was in bad shape and went in for an overhaul, it was also painted in UP there is just 3;). :D -Deano
  3. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

I'm pretty sure there are only two unpatched CNWs. I have no idea how many patched.
  4. railohio

railohio Active Member

CNW 7585 was unpatched as of last March when I caught it near Milwaukee.
  5. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

I have a photo of one patch that runs through town every once in a while and if memory serves me correct the have left two yet that run with the heritage unit..

Attached Files:

6. NSES44DC

NSES44DC Member

Within the last three...four months I have seen a CNW Dash9 unit running through Northern Ohio. It was on an NS unit headed towards the "Chicago" area. Also back in the summer there was a CNW, SP, DRGW, BN Exec, UP, and CSX lash up in Cleveland near 200th street refueling terminal. God, if i had had my camera that day! It was a beautiful sight! They were hauling Intermodal cars, probably to the yard near E.55th(?) I dunno, you can see it from the highway tho. Just amazing sight to see. Those units were patched tho with UP colors, except the was cool with that green, cream and red coloring.
  7. liven_letdie

liven_letdie Member

Unpatched Chicago & North Western remaining locomotives: 2
    C44-9W #8646
    C44-9W #8701

Patched units probably number in the dozens...
  8. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

ARGH!...there were 3 unpatched units last i knew:cry:. THANK YOU, for the update. :D -Deano
  9. NSES44DC

NSES44DC Member

10. holdenburg

holdenburg Member

CNWHS has about 141 photo's in one of the archives...

CNWHS has about 141 photo's in one of the archives... :wave:
    (mmmm.... check out my avitar!??)

11. holdenburg

holdenburg Member

12. viperman

viperman Active Member

Herb, that very loco in your avatar is owned by the IRM (Illinois Railway Museum) in Union, IL. Its about a 20 min drive from my house
  13. holdenburg

holdenburg Member

Museum is in Union??

All my relatives still live in chi town on the west side...
    Maby soon we will be back up there and I was wondering just where this museum is?
    announce1 On the site it looks to be in Union, NW of Chicago...
    There are enough directions on the site that I can find this.
    Have you been there?? And, hows the landscaping going??

14. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

Yes, for a little while the unpatched CNWs were MUed with the heritage unit. Then, for a while, the heritage unit ran with an Olympic SD70M and the United Way SD40-2:
  15. viperman

viperman Active Member

I have been to the IRM, but it has been many years. I know Deano makes a trip there every year. He lives not too far from me up in WI