Are there C&NW units still painted C&NW?

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Just wanna know if there are still any C&NW units in their green & yellow scheme with their proud logo still visible are active anywhere in the U.S. aside from the 1995 UP Heritage desiel. If you can get pics on The Gauge as well i'd apreceate

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
CNWman said:
Just wanna know if there are still any C&NW units in their green & yellow scheme with their proud logo still visible are active anywhere in the U.S. aside from the 1995 UP Heritage desiel.
Last i knew, UP still has 3 CNW Dash-9's are ARE unpatched:thumb:. for a long time they had 4 of them, but early last year one of the LAST four CNW Dash-9's was in bad shape and went in for an overhaul, it was also painted in UP colors...now there is just 3;). :D -Deano

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
I have a photo of one patch that runs through town every once in a while and if memory serves me correct the have left two yet that run with the heritage unit..

Attachments

• cnw patch1.jpg
    cnw patch1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 65
  • cnw patch2.jpg
    cnw patch2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 67

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
Within the last three...four months I have seen a CNW Dash9 unit running through Northern Ohio. It was on an NS unit headed towards the "Chicago" area. Also back in the summer there was a CNW, SP, DRGW, BN Exec, UP, and CSX lash up in Cleveland near 200th street refueling terminal. God, if i had had my camera that day! It was a beautiful sight! They were hauling Intermodal cars, probably to the yard near E.55th(?) I dunno, you can see it from the highway tho. Just amazing sight to see. Those units were patched tho with UP colors, except the BN..it was cool with that green, cream and red coloring.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
liven_letdie said:
Unpatched Chicago & North Western remaining locomotives: 2
C44-9W #8646
C44-9W #8701

Patched units probably number in the dozens...
ARGH!...there were 3 unpatched units last i knew:cry:. THANK YOU, for the update. :D -Deano

holdenburg

Dec 29, 2006
Florida
www.nettechonline.net

holdenburg

Dec 29, 2006
Florida
www.nettechonline.net
Museum is in Union??

viperman said:
Herb, that very loco in your avatar is owned by the IRM (Illinois Railway Museum) in Union, IL. Its about a 20 min drive from my house

All my relatives still live in chi town on the west side...
Maby soon we will be back up there and I was wondering just where this museum is?
announce1 On the site it looks to be in Union, NW of Chicago...
http://www.irm.org/directions/index.html
There are enough directions on the site that I can find this.
Have you been there?? And, hows the landscaping going??

Thx...
Herb