ArcSoft Photo Suite

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Dnlgtr, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

Does anyone here have and use Arc Soft Photo Suite??
    I have that instead of PhotoShop. It came in the install package with my PC. Is it from HP??

While I am asking, Is it posiblr to repair a photo I downloaded that is altered from original??
    I downloaded a pic of a girl, but the pic is sliced into 4 parts horizontally, and 2 of the parts are also sliced vertically. Can I separte the segments and reassemble the pic.

Question 2; I have a second pic that is part of a letterhead. 1/2 is in the letterhead the other is separated from it. Can i splice this back together?

Sorry this is not specific to paper model, but I need to learn ALL I can about photo editing to make new models of my own.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks
  2. Kaz

Kaz Member

I used to use ArcSoft, I think it was a very early edition that came free if you registered it online, which I did. It is a competant package, and yes you should be able to assemble the pieces to get a single image.
    What you need to do is open a new canvas large enough to accomodate the finished assemled image and copy/paste the different components and rearrange them to make the one image. If it is specific to card modelling, then you will need to learn how to do this, if its a repair to a damaged image I will be more than happy to do it for you, its something I do as a personal service in the course of my job.
  3. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

Do you kow if there is a video tutorial arround??

if I can see someting done once or twice, I can normally do myself from then on.

Many Thanks
  4. Kaz

Kaz Member

5. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

Instead of downloading the split pcs from wherever you downloaded them from just use the capture tool and capture the whole pic already assembled.

In arcsoft just hit file > capture > Taget: window.. & hit OK..

Then just crop the pic . A lot easier than trying to piece the parts together individually
  6. Dnlgtr

Dnlgtr Member

The Split pic was on an HTML page, part in the header and the rest below. Actually it was an e-mail newsletter.

Will that still work?

KAz, I can't use the software in the link. Due to the problems with the pictures I am tring to fix, There will Not be any overlap. I will be Butt joining them