April 14th - Working on the Railroad?

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
The weekend is here! Shouldn't you be running your trains or working on your layout?

Let us know what you are working on today or tomorrow. Maybe post some pics?

Me, I am working on structures, right now I am putting together a large warehouse building.

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Is nobody else working on anything today?

Here's the internal structure of wood and plexiglass base, about to put the front on...

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 114

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Im working this weekend...but my evening are filled with my scratchbuild challenge.

Plus im spending money on ebay getting ready for the my yard construction!

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Yard construction? E-Bay? Like a new lawn mower and stuff? :) Just kidding!

Actually, I should be out finishing the trim on the garage, and working on the patio area we are going to do.

Here's some progress on my project.

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 109

SeriousSam

Nov 2, 2005
San Antonio
nice job guys. I wish I could work on my trains. I am packing up because Im flying to Florida for training and wont come back until next saturday. I envy you guys with M-F 9-5 jobs.

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
SeriousSam said:
I envy you guys with M-F 9-5 jobs.

I envy the guys who are independently wealthy!

Here is the warehouse on the layout:

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 99

SeriousSam

Nov 2, 2005
San Antonio
Gary S. said:
I envy the guys who are independently wealthy!

Here is the warehouse on the layout:

yeah, them too. sign1 Maybe I'll win the lottery or something. If I did, I would buy you guys any Kato locomotive that yall wanted. ONE LOCOMOTIVE EACH. NOT ALL THE LOCOMOTIVES YOU WANT!! with the condition that I was invited to visit yalls layout or progress or whatever. :D

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
SeriousSam said:
yeah, them too. sign1 Maybe I'll win the lottery or something. If I did, I would buy you guys any Kato locomotive that yall wanted. ONE LOCOMOTIVE EACH. NOT ALL THE LOCOMOTIVES YOU WANT!! with the condition that I was invited to visit yalls layout or progress or whatever. :D
sam sounds like a plan , if I win I will do the same. But we are talking about winning the big one right not just like 5 dollars or something right lol

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Me too!

Sorry you guys had to work today. But really, I am feeling a bit guilty because I should be outside finishing the garage trim!

SeriousSam

Nov 2, 2005
San Antonio
rogerw said:
sam sounds like a plan , if I win I will do the same

Awesome. I wont know which one to choose though cause they're all good. Can I be first to choose? Because then everyone else will choose theirs and there wont be any left for me :cry:

and yeah, the 200 million dollar thingie. heck, even like 50 million dollars. I would be happy with just ONE

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
I plan on going to home depot (after a nap ) and get some 2 inch rigid foam board and play around with some track tonight. I want to check out the differance with 30 inch and 26 inch curves and stuff like that

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Doc Holliday said:
Anybody else like me still doing their taxes?

Come on, be honest.
Doc

I have those done every year by the end of January...one audit made me a very submissive lapdog:thumb:

Been oiling up my beasties...this being the first full loop of track I've had in a long time. Ain't much on prototype operations but you'll not find too many busier 60" x 43" layouts in HO scale...:thumb:

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
I just came back from my "heavy car" experiments... time to get back to the warehouse. Working on the right hand side. Mr. Dremel is the kitbashers best friend.

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 67

Torpedo

Jan 20, 2007
Doc Holliday said:
Anybody else like me still doing their taxes?

Come on, be honest.
Doc
sign1

Absolutely, but we probably won't actually file until October, or whenever it is the extension runs out. Unfortunately, it looks like we will owe this year, so I have to get close enough to figure out how much to send 'em by Tuesday.

Hope it won't be a lot. I've got my fingers crossed. :D:D:D

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
We filed back in February and already got our moderate refund. I got the other side put on. I ran out of City Classics modular parts so I had to put a door section on the 2nd floor, but I'll camoflage it with some vents or piping, and this side is kind of hidden in an alley anyway.

And a pic of my workroom.

Attachments

• MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 68
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 68