April 06, It's not the trains, it's the structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, that's right, it's structures that make your world work, trains are important but without structures you'd have no place to go after the trains stop running. In this case your world can be anyplace. Let's get some pictures of structures, any scale including full scale. Got something really neat on your layout, someone else's layout, your neighborhood or even something you took a picture of while on vacation.

Here are the rules:
  • The picture can be of any structure, real world or any scale.
  • "Structure" can be a building, a tower, a electrical sub-station, a house, a store, a mine or anything else that fits the catagory.
  • If scale, it can be scratchbuilt, a kit, kitbashed or RTR, it doesn't matter.
  • If real, the whole world is open for you're photographic abilities.
  • The picture must be taken by the person submitting it.
  • Please include a brief description of what the picture is when posting it.
  • All other common rules apply, like your entry can't have been entered in any previous contest on the Gauge.
  • The contest closes on April 30.
That's it, I've seen some great pictures posted in other threads, gather them up, I expect a great turnout for this contest. Have fun.

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
i doubt i'll win, but here's one anyway:

plasticville jail, where all the bad boys get locked up :thumb:

Attachments

• police station (Small).jpg
    police station (Small).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 579

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
OK..I shall enter the old Plymouth Street station..This station was moved from Plymouth Street to the old T&OC station area and has been refurbish.Of course this is in Bucyrus Ohio..I took this picture this past Sunday..The weather was chilly and damp.

Attachments

• Picture-006.jpg
    Picture-006.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 524

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Here is a picture of the aggregate plant I built for my layout. It serves Hudson Cement, another of my indsutries a little further down the line. I cut the Hedberg Aggregates logo out of the phone book because I liked the color and design. Coincidentally I happened to drive by one of their sites and it turns out they are a landscape business that has aggregates, rocks, etc. and are known for having restored railroad equipment on their grounds! The one I passed had a Great Northern passenger coach!

Attachments

• photocontest.jpg
    photocontest.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 494

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Hi Crew,

Here's my "Meyer's Gravel Conveyor"

Who knows how prototypical it is? Or if it even would work.... But don't you think I should get votes just for dreaming it up?

Engineer Kyle :rolleyes:

aet.jpg

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
These pictures were taken on 4/6/06 by myself, on Hwy 27 east of Alexandria Minnesota. It is the Weston Station restaurant. The markings on the car are S.P. & S.RY. Co. Top at both ends. Empire Builder in the Center top, Weston Station center below the windows and it is car #405. The train car is part of the building!

View attachment 26278

Attachments

• Picture 2.JPG
    Picture 2.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 473

2-8-2

Jan 6, 2005
Delaware, Ohio
www.wn-rr.net
Big Four Bridge - Sidney, Ohio

Completed in 1924 for the CCC & St. L. Railroad (The Big Four), the original Bellefontaine and Indiana went through downtown Sidney, but was later rerouted to this location due in part to the 1913 flood. Five men died, and several others were injured during the construction of this bridge. One man is believed to be buried inside one of the massive concrete columns, and a small marker notates the spot. If you click the "My RailImages Album" link in my signature, you can view the other photos I took of the Big Four Bridge.

Attachments

• April_Gauge_Contest.jpg
    April_Gauge_Contest.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 333
L

lester perry

OK so I changed my entry

I went out last night and got some building photos. I don't usually take them. Here are a couple of workers looking to get in trouble with the boss.
100_0876.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.