Appreciating Wildlife

Okay..... It's TOTALLY off subject.
But I just had to share this billboard from the vancouver, BC area.
Love that Canadian sense of humor.

Attachments

• vancouver.jpg
    vancouver.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 202

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Originally posted by sumpter250
Oh!, Quick!, someone just has to contact the Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Potatoes! ;) :p ;) :p

What about P.E.T.A.? Don't you think they will have something to say...

You know...

People Eating Tasty Animals...

Andrew

Ben H

I Think Their Is A Problem

The sign, while very amusing, seems to be strange in that the Saskatoon Steak House is I believe in Saskatoon which is about 1200 miles east of Vancouver in Central Canada - North of North Dakota about 250 miles.

Vancouver on the west coast of Canada is usually a big sea food town but you can get steaks but that sign might be looked at in a strange way. Political correct is a big deal on the west coast.

I dunno.
My Friend who sent me this foto lives on the West coast, and said the sign was near Vancouver.
Perhaps it's like a steak house here in California named Pinicle Peak --- which is a "branch" of the Arizona steak house named for an Arizona mountain.
Oh, and by the way. I (and most Yanks) actually do know where Saskatoon is. Really!
Bill S

Mike R

Moose meat is pretty good for a change, a bit like deer.
Also, there is no such thing as "mad moose" disease,....... at least not yet anyway, because so far, man does not get to determine what they eat.
regards
Mike;)

My grandfather, who was a naturalist-explorer-hunter-photographer-writer running around Northern BC, Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Alaska from 1896 until his death in Alaska in 1918 (and for whom the Stone Sheep is named) once rated his wild animal eating preferences in this order:
1 - Moose
2 - Sheep
3 - Caribou
and way down at the bottom of the list..... porcupine, which he claimed was very greasy and nearly indigestible, at least as it was cooked by his Tahltan assistant.
Bill S

spitfire

Originally posted by sumpter250
Oh!, Quick!, someone just has to contact the Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Potatoes! ;) :p ;) :p

Yes, I think that's the sister society to PETA, called POTATER:
People's Organization To Arrest The Eating of Roots

They're a very underground movement, and some people think they have chips on their shoulders. They have a lot of half baked ideas to be sure, but
their fundraising dances are not to be missed. If you turnip, you can do the Mashed Potato, the Chive, and usually someone starts a gravy train. You don't even want to know what goes on in the "mash" pit!

cheers
:D Val

Watch out Val! --- Incoming Spuds!

Gary: Yup --- Wish I had known him. But I am spending so much time on trying to write his life story (which may or may not ever be published) that I haven't been doing much model railroading.....

Bill S

jon-monon

Originally posted by spitfire

Yes, I think that's the sister society to PETA, called POTATER:
People's Organization To Arrest The Eating of Roots

OR is it:

Potatos Or Tomatos Are Tasty, Eat Roots!:D :D :D

jawatkins

Well, I'm not sure about BBQ sauce, but how about:

Moose Tenderloin Medallions sauteed in butter with fresh garlic, scallions and fresh black pepper drizzled with a red wine mushroom sauce and served with garlic cheddar mashed potatoes, roasted primavera vegetables and grilled garlic bread. Dessert will be White Chocolate Mousse Pie

Or the Tex-Mex Version

Tortilla Crusted Moose Monterey: Tortilla crusted Moose tenderloin medallions fried to a golden brown topped with fresh spinach and pico de gallo in a Monterey Jack cheese cream sauce sprinkled with melted Jack Cheese and crispy tortilla strips, served with Spanish Rice, Mexican Beans, sour cream and jalapenos. Dessert will be Dark Chocolate Mousse.

Bon Appetit!

shaygetz

Miss Judy...Please don't put no menu like that in front of a Baptist boy like me. I'm typin' this from deep inside the fridge, you done made me so hungry....

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
My son-in-law is a hunter and was a chef some years ago but still has the skills. When we go up north for a visit then we are often treated to the delicious moose meat as Judy describes. Now he doesn't get a licence to shoot a moose every year but often gets to share with other hunters because you need help getting the meat back to the camp. Moose are huge.