Apollo-Soyuz build from free Russian site!

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by airbob, May 26, 2007.

1. airbob

airbob Member

I've decided to build the Apollo-Soyuz from the free Russian site...I have no idea at what scale I'm building:???: ...."small" I would say! I recolored and relined some of it and cleaned it up a bit...but it is built pretty much as it comes over the intenet...I am having fun building this little kit!:yep:
  2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Looking good!
  3. airbob

airbob Member

This is the more or less complete Apollo Command Section with Soyuz Connector....done for tonight...Will "tackel" the Soyuz part tomorrow...having fun!!!:rofl:
  4. Michiru-Kaiou

Michiru-Kaiou Member

Looks great!

Do you have a link to this model? If so, could you please post it?

best wishes Michiru
  5. airbob

airbob Member

I do not remember the site that I got it from.....however if you want an absolutly superb-wnderfully detailed Apollo-Soyuz model go to Carl's "Moonport" project to down load it- site is: http://www.mos95b.com/Moon Port/
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Great looking build, Bob!

I don't think the Soyuz model is up on the Moonport site yet...still patiently waiting.

If anyone has the link for this, I would love to see it. Was it the JT site?

7. airbob

airbob Member

8. airbob

airbob Member

By the way ...as Carl pointed out to me...the Russian Space thing in this little kit is not a Soyuz capsule...but a "Space Probe"!.....FYI....you need to use Carls' "Moonport" Soyuz! ...might as well use the Docking Port and the Apollo Capsule and Command Module as well...they are quite Wonderful.... amazing detail as well!:yep:
  9. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks, Bob!

Last time I checked a few weeks ago, it was just a few pages, but looks to me like it's a complete design now...guess I'll find out once I start to build her.:grin:

By the way, it just amazes me how quickly Carl is publishing all of his designs, truly amazing work. Thanks again, Carl!

If you do ever find the link to that model you are building, Bob, I would love to check it out.

NULLMOON Member

is that a molinia satalite i spy on those sheets?:)
  11. airbob

airbob Member

I have no idea...do you have any history and pics of this space probe you speak of!...might be interesting!:wink:

NULLMOON Member

molinya("lightning") comsat the first soviet communications satalite
    launched april 23,1965 1,800lbs
    the first operational satellite Molniya 1-01 was launched on april 23, 1965. Since October of 1967 Molniya satellites have been used by Russia to broadcast their national Orbita TV network.
    launched on an r7 of with the same upper stages as soyuz
  13. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

New FIle Sent

I sent a new file to Nullmoon, Air Bob, & the Host. Hope this works for You Guys now.

14. airbob

airbob Member

Thanks, I think you may have it right!!!...sooo that is what this little "pointy" thing is...most interesting!!!....never knew about this particular thing....I think it looks cool and so very "RUSSIAN"!!!:grin:

NULLMOON Member

Were did you get it??
  16. airbob

airbob Member

I have the file I downloaded some time ago..from one of the free Russian sites...I will send it to you if you give me your email in a personal message.

NULLMOON Member

18. Jim Krauzlis

It might be from this site:

All sorts of earlier paper space models under the category found at the bottom of the left side of the page entitled: Космические аппараты

The Apollo model is the one dated "7/1974", and the Molinya is the one dated "4-5/1992".

Let me know if I am wrong...and beware, they are very slow downloads. What I did was open the file as a new window (it's a "htm" file link, so I could access it only by opening it up first as a new window) and then save the picture from the new page as a graphic file.

Hope this helps!

19. airbob

airbob Member

What is this?

Just what is this space station from this site...like a "Mir"!?:???:
  20. Nikolai Golovachev

Nikolai Golovachev New Member

Hi Airbob!
    It's not a Mir. It is Saljut-6 space station with docked Sojuz and Progress spaceships (see Космические аппараты 11/1992).