Apollo Collection builds

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by littlemodeler, Jul 10, 2008.

1. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Wow. What scale are those? I am guessing the Saturn is 1/96, the LEM/CSM is 1/48 and the CM is 1/32. Just wondering. Looks awesome!!
  2. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

Underwood106 you guessed right! It's greelt's saturn v scaled down to 1;96, surfduke's and udon models for the CSM and LEM stack, and surfduke's CM.
  3. Hey that is pretty awsome young man! I hope you sprayed your models with a UV acrylic coating. Putting them in the window like that will surely turn them white in time. I learned that the hard way. Some inks are worse than others. I found that the HP ink is notorious for fading. So protect these beauties and they will last a very long time. But I would still take them out of the windw in spite of how nice they look there. Looks like they are just screaming to get back to where they belong.
  4. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

Thanks Timhinds1@cox.net! i'm planning on getting (or making) a nice display case for them. This is just their temporary spot. I use an epson printer and so far no fading:D and thanks for the tip of spraying them with a UV coating. I'll be sure to get them protected :smile:
  5. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Hey Little,

EXCELLENT job on the Saturn V. I really like the LM in the SIVB.
  6. Robot Exodus

Robot Exodus Member

Hey, I haven't been here in a while. Fantastic models; AMAZING job. :) I especially love the model of the 1/48 CSM docked with the 1/48 scale LEM. I also like how you printed how every single Apollo mission patch/logo and arranged them chronologically. However, I noticed that some of the logos are starting to warp; did you print them on cardstock or normal paper?

Again, wow. This makes me want to grab and x-acto knife and tacky glue to finish the long-dormant, half-finished 1/48 LEM I have lying on my shelf. :(

PS This is relatively unrelated, but your little comment about the Rubik's cube got me hooked. I got a Rubik's cube in December. Now, I can solve it in less than 30 seconds. I even started one handed and blindfolded solving. :p
  7. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

Hey Robot Exodus! I did print the patches on cardstock but i forgot to tape the ends down. They've been up for about a month now as a temporary display area for the collection. You're accomplishment with the cube is great! i remember how i used to go 19 seconds with my cube. Now i'm all rusty and it takes me just under a minute :p Imagine a functional paper model of a rubik's cube!! now thats another model for another time:rolleyes: Thank you all for your comments!
  8. Robot Exodus

Robot Exodus Member

Thanks. :) What solving method do you use?

I found a paper Rubik's cube model here: http://www.speedcubing.com/ton/dror's_paper_cube.htm

It looks interesting and functional, but I hope it doesn't rip itself apart when you turn it. :D

It would be interesting if you could find a way to harden the paper and make molds of it or something.
  9. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

Robot Exodus, i use the F2l method with cross at the bottom with a few improvised moves on my own :D i saw that a few years ago...i was thinking of trying to make one :p maybe after i finish the Bumblebee (awesomely designed by Claudio) i'll make one and put it in his hand.
  10. Robot Exodus

Robot Exodus Member

I just noticed something worth mentioning.

The SIM bay was only used in the final three Apollo missions: 15, 16, and 17. Apollo 13 did not have one. However, it looks like you installed the SIM Bay to simulate damage to the SM. Was that why you included it?
  11. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

Robot Exodus,
    yes that is the very reason why. i wanted to try and recreate the damage but i was running out of time so i just made the sim bay...i intend on finding ref pics for the damage to try to recreate it as much as i can on another model :thumbs:
  12. ravster

ravster New Member

My god, this must have taken ages to constuct. Can`t wait to get started.
  13. Groovin_fusion

Groovin_fusion New Member

Nice builds man, I like the detail
  14. didano

didano New Member

Wow, beautiful models
  15. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

one word to describe your work .....

and well worthy of some of these :goldcup::goldcup::goldcup: :thumb:
  16. Space Boy

Space Boy Member