Apollo Collection builds

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by littlemodeler, Jul 10, 2008.

1. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

hello everybody!

A few weeks ago i came up with a project that will become the first display at my new house. i'm planning on including a saturn V (1:96-greelt's), an F1 engine (1:24- greelt's), a few of Sir Surfduke's models and a few other stuff. So far i have begun building the Saturn V which, i must say, is a very detailed yet not complicated model. so far i'm almost done the main part of the first stage and i will try to add stringers, details, and etc. here are a few pics of what it looks like.

Attached Files:

2. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Excellent job so far. Turning out REALLY nice.
  3. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

Thanks...Greelt really did a great job when he designed this one.
  4. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Well done to you and Greelt, fantastic work

John John
  5. Regie

Regie Member

That is awesome! You put my feeble efforts to shame and inspire me to get back to my workbench!

excellent work mate.
  6. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

That Is So Cool Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

thank you all for the nice comments, i really appreciate it:smile:...btw, after i'm done with the first stage( i'm going to wait for the rest of the saturn v from greelt) i'm planning on doing a 1:24 scale F1 engine. i'm planning on using Greelt's but i want to get as much detail as possible and as accurate as possible. If anyone has any blueprints for the engine or drawings they could lend please send me a pm. thanks!!:D
  8. Simmo

Simmo An Older Junior Member

9. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Very very fine work littlemodeler. This is one of my favorite models. Keek up the great work. My best to you.
  10. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Holy Moley! That looks museum quality.
  11. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

thank you all:smile: i'm almost finished the first stage (without the stringers) so hopefully i'll be posting pics tonight. also i just printed out the f1 engine at 200% and it looks like it's gunna be pretty big, so i wanted to ask...which one would you all prefer seeing built- a 1:24 scale f1 engine or in 1:36? i'll be sure to keep you guys posted on stage 1 of the saturn v :D
  12. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

I'd do 1/24, makes it easyer to add more detail. Been wanting to do that myself. You could do a build report, I was thinking of doing one on the F1 sometime.
  13. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

Cardstalker- i was thinking about doing it in 1:24 because i wanted to try to make it like this one (the one in the pic) i found on the internet. it's a resin model that costs about $250. they say its has the most detail on it. The resin model is from accurate models and it is in 1:20. my goal is to be able to model the same thing only in paper.

Attached Files:

14. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

hello everyone again:D so far i've finished the main part of stage 1. i left out the pipework on the engines as well as the three pipes at the top so i can add detail without risking damage to them. right now i'm gunna be working on the stringers. until next time!

Attached Files:

15. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

do you think you could email me the shrunken files for the 1/96 scale S-IC?
  16. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Fantastic Build!!:thumb::thumb:
    It's hard to believe it is 1/96:eek:
    Great detailling for that scale:twisted:

17. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

underwood- there are no files, i just printed four pages on one sheet of card stalk.

londonbluemisty- thank you for your comment:D i'm adding stringers on it like George B did so that it'll look like the real thing. i'll be posting more pics sometime soon to show you guys my progress
  18. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

hmm. and that makes it 1/96 scale? just wondering how you got it to the correct scale then.
  19. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

good point underwood. i just checked with my old saturn v (ton's 1:96) and this one seems a bit smaller. i think i may have built it in a scale from 1:96 - 1:100. i'm not sure what the scale is anymore. Thanks Underwoodl06 for pointing that out:D
  20. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Hi Littlemodeller, :wave:

On the same lines as Lucas (Underwoodl06)
    George B built Greelt's S-IC for his L.U.T and found it did not match up to his Swing Arms!!
    George warned me that Greelts actual scale was about 1/46.55 (and to print 1/96 accordingly)so maybe that is why your S-IC is slightly smaller than Ton Notebooms 1/96 Saturn V.