Apollo CM & SM 1:24th Design/Build Thread

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Zipped Apollo CM Rev.6 PDF Files

The strangest thing happened when I downloaded the latest attached files - the map called "Capsule rev5" is empty!
    And the second one, called "Capsule rev5-1.z01", I cannot open . . .

I have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 for Mac.

Do you know what happened?

Bengt :D
  2. winterschmied

winterschmied Member

error too

first of all it's a wonderful work. I too had the idea to do an Interior, but don't know how to do and now a wonder happened, it is aviable:grin: :grin:

The second i have similar problems like Bengt. If i try to open the zip-file, the computer said It's empty or destroyed:-? but the file size is ok.

greetings from now snowy germany:wink:
  3. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

OK, I just downloaded both files. Both have to be in the same folder and do NOT rename the file .z01 to anything else! [Ask me why I know. :) ] Open the capsule_rev.zip in the usual way - in my case, I just 'double-click' it. It should open and list a PDF file 'capsule rev5.pdf' 'double-click' this file and it should open ALL files [13 pages] and they are labeled 'Rev 6' Hope this helps somewhat. And thanks to ALL for this neat project! Have only built one missle model - Currell's V-2 - but I think this will be #2. I know a modelling friend in Massachusetts will want it, for sure.
    Fred Z.
  4. Darwin

Darwin Member

Just my two cents....the zip file was processed by a file splitter utility. These all incorporate an "unzip" script into the first of the resulting subfiles. When you see an extension of the format .X01, etc., this is a tip that a file splitter has been used. All the parts need to be in the same folder, and the first of the files (usually one that retains the extension of the original file, in this case .zip) needs to be clicked in order to remeld the parts and do the extraction. Anyone who has had to wrestle with 1.44 Meg floppys as the only way to transfer data is intimately familiar with the file splitter technology.
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Sorry for all the trouble guys.:cry:
    I was trying to figure out a way to keep it simple and still get the original files up.
    I actually used a free evaluation copy of winzip to split the file.
    Darwin and Fred are both correct and on the right track so follow what they said.:roll:
  6. jparenti

jparenti Member

Okay, so I had to fight with the zip file, too. It kept asking me to insert disc 1 of 2 or the PDF just never opened. :???: I have both files in the same folder, so I can't figure out what's happening. Any ideas?
  7. winterschmied

winterschmied Member

OK, now I tried four Times of downloading. It will open an folder with the Name 'capsule rev5.pdf'. If I click it nothing will happen. Why?????

In this moment i sit in my corner and cry a little for myself, then i think I'm going crazy:razz:
  8. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I can host as one file if Amazyah wants to e-mail it to me....

I think I have room....
  9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Rev6 re-post pdf

Time to clean up the mess I made.
    I downloaded Fox-it pdf reader and split the pdf up into single pages so everyone can still get the original file without changing format.
    You just have to take it one page at a time because there are just too many file splitters available to keep everyone happy.

Attached Files:

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

pages 6 through 10

Attached Files:

11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

pages 11 through 13.

Attached Files:

12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Since I had to save each page individually I went ahead and changed the file name to Rev 6 to end any confusion.

I sure hope this will end any problems and keep everyone happy.:roll:

13. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Apollo Command Module 1/24th Scale Rev.6

Hi Russel,

Thanks for the hard work - it paid off. I got all the 13 pages now - time to start the scoring and cutting work!
    I guess the reason that my file was empty was that you used the Winzip format. I am a Mac user, and my eMac computer cannot read Windows or exe files.

Thanks again,
    Bengt :D
  14. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

I love the new page with the control panels and interior walls and also the update on the coloured seats and shock-absorbing system - superb work!

Will you release the parts for the interior formers? I´m eager to put the whole model together . . .

All the best,
    Bengt :smile:
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Yeah, my idea at making things a little easier only made it easier for me to upload and made it harder on a lot of other members.
    I guess I just shot myself in the foot.:cry:
    There is no simple method to pack and unpack files that works for everyone as we all have different systems and use different programs.

For now, I will just stick to posting the pdf's now that I can split them to individual pages.

Glad it's working for you now, Bengt! Happy modeling!8)

16. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

hey, Amazyah. No harm, no foul! Look at it this way - we all learned a little bit new about the crazy systems that we all love/hate. :) Thanks for all your hard work - really appreciated. Well, back to my 43 year old kit of a F8U-2 that I am having fun? with.
    Fred Z.
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks, Fred, for the support!
    I'm just glad everyone can get the file now.

I just play a small role in this. Carl is the real hero here!

18. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Carl is obviously the designer but thanks to the efforts of the team, we have something to build!

Thanks again, pal!
    Bengt :smile:
  19. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Ok, I'll take a bow. Thank you fellas!:grin:

I used to have a coffee cup that was given to me by my employer for outstanding work performed.
    That was about 10 years ago and I don't know what ever happened to it but it read....

20. obiyan

obiyan New Member

i see the heat shield texture, and i find it not very realistic. see this pictures:

if you want, i have some pictures CM anf of his interior :-D :grin: