Apollo CM & SM 1:24th Design/Build Thread

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett, Mar 16, 2007.

NULLMOON Member

2. Just wondered when the final draft is going to be available. I have the cockpit finished and waiting for the revised outer shell and heat shield as well as the new window frames. I could wing it but I really wanted to try the design as published.

3. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

I'll get it out in the morning.

Sorry for the delay,

4. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Walter Schirra died today at 84 years young. Reportedly the only astronaut to fly Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo! Another HERO gone!
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Very sad news, indeed.
    I am putting my flag, in front of the house, at half mast.
    This announcement should be in a different thread, though.

6. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

A sad Moment

I had the honor of speaking to Wally 2 months ago, (Phone call). It is very sad to here he is gone.

7. Hats off to a true hero. A different breed for sure. May all future astronauts learn from their bravery and skills when the technology was archaic at best.
  8. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

I actually got a trivia question on that peice of information at Space Camp'
    s space bowl.

Farewell Mr.Shirra
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

New Service Module Instructions (PDF File with no images) posted. Photos to be in the next revision
  10. jparenti

jparenti Member

Thanks, MOS95B! Now I'll get back to putting the SM together.
  11. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

CM Update Info.

The CM Final will be out for Him to host tomorrow, too.

12. mvink

mvink Member

Hey, if any of you "Guinea Pigs" want to forward me some build photos on any of Carl's projects, I will gladly try to use them in the future releases of the instruction manuals.

Just PM them to me and I will sort them all out.

13. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Thanks for all the Help!

Sir Mike! You are the Man!!!!

Are You a Piggy?, (LOL)! We can start a off-shoot of the order of Turtles, (LOL)!!

The answer could be, "You BET, Your Debitic Donkey, I am"!
  14. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

CM Final Update!

I have finished the CM Final. I am will be sending out to the host, for post tonight. The Heat shield has been given a new option, (For a more rounded look, (You can still build the old version for a simple cone look)). The bulkhead forms now do not go between the bulkhead, and the heat shield, (Just did not fit well the other way). The window & hatch forms are now one pc. & thinner, (For easier build & better fit).

15. mvink

mvink Member

GREAT! Now I gotta revise the instructions, AGAIN (LOL).
    Send photos, folks.

16. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

It's up.....
  17. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Excellent job on the rounded Heat Shields. Much more realistic.
  18. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Just trying to make it look as real as I can, (With the media).

have a great night,

19. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

your'e kidding right sir?... your'e just trying to make it like that, and yet, the level of realism is practically unbelievable...

Now I'm sure that when someone (say a modeler) sees this, the same old question will pop up once again...

Is this really paper or cardboard? :-D
  20. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Wait till You see the Merc. Interior. It took a whole day to draw the parts, & hoses, (But I want it to be worthy of the living, and passed on, heros that flew it).

The other fellas are working hard on the exterior paint too! We can make a great resource of these kits, for kids of all ages, (It just takes a little work).