Apollo CM & SM 1:24th Design/Build Thread

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Thanks for the upload!

I hope that these will bring things a little closer to closing out these (2) designs. Let Me know what You guys think.

2. lairdre

lairdre Member

rev 12

I tried to download rev 12, but there seems to be a broken link.
  3. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Try This

Right click and save it to Your hard drive. If that does not work send Me a message with Your email.

4. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Did I miss some thing. I don't even see a Rev 12 listed.:cry:
  5. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I do not see them either?

I sent the new file CM Rev 12 & Sm Rev 3. I do not know what was uploaded.

6. Darwin

Darwin Member

Upload.....upload.....upload.....upload (the natives are getting restless.)
  7. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

8. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

9. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Carl, this is the message I got when trying to open the Rev12 link:

Multiple Choices
    The document name you requested (/Moon Port/Capsule rev12.pdf) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.
    Available documents:

/Moon Port/Capsule Rev10.pdf (mistyped character)
    /Moon Port/Capsule Rev11.pdf (mistyped character)
    Please consider informing the owner of the referring page about the broken link.

Seems to be a link problem, or path error (pulled that term out of my long distant past when I learned something about computers in college...back when the keyboard was a teletype unit and the "monitor" was a printed sheet.:grin: )

10. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

OK, I am confused. I used the URL just posted http://www.mos95b.com/ and tried to download CM rev 12 - IE says it cant find the file?? Then tried SM beta 3 and file says it is SM rev 1?? Also, using the above mentioned URL, I have a bunch of red X's instead of pictures. But if I use http://www.mos95b.com/Moon Port/ I get pictures but not the latest rev's. Methinks something is amiss :) Thanks to everyone for all their efforts in this project but ain't computers wonderful???
    Fred Z.
  11. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

I know the link will be working sooner or later, but (stealing from Bowdenja):

I am patient........I just want it now!:grin:
  12. mvink

mvink Member

Scale challenged?

Okay gents, now that the model is 1/32 scale doesn't mean that you can't get what you want. If you still want your model at 1/24 scale to match your Gemini, just enlarge the print size by 133% (1.33 times original size).
    If you want to scale the model down to 1/48 to enhance the other Apollo kit out there, reduce the print size by 66.7% (.667 times original size).
    Continuing on, 1/96 = 33.3% (.333 times original size) and 1/12 (to match the Mercury capsule) 266.7% (2.667 times original size).

If your printer won't or can't scale prints, you can import the file into Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro (yes, they will import PDF's) and you can scale the file to the size desired before printing it out.

Your printer can't handle anything bigger than 8-1/2" x 11"? You can save the file as a JPEG or print to a new PDF file and take the file to your local Kinko's (in the U.S) or other print shop where they can print the file onto any size paper you wish.

Theoretically, you can do a 1-to-1 scale model that looks like a patchwork quilt, but that's another story.

13. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Supid! Stupid! Stupid!!

I intially uploaded the files to the wrong folder. Dinner was ready, so I rushed the job....

Moved, tested, and working now.....

14. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

The SM rev.3 link points till to rev.1 file .....:roll:
  15. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

CM REV 12 Update Info.

The Skylab tape option is wrong. The wrong file got added when I was putting together the pdf. The grey chair rail option top needs to be grey too. I will fix these with the final, (If You Guys/Gals think We can call this a final for now?). We can always revist the interior wall detail after Skylab. I am going to get the Instructions info finished up on this and the SM. The Skylab project is on track for first release sometime today or tomorrow. The LEM project will come after that.

I will have the info to Mike to finish the instruction PDF's soon too, (Buddies Camera works good enough for the pictures He needs).
  16. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Look at the info bar on the bottom. You might have checked before fully updated....
  17. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Works Fine Now

Thanks for all Your Help!! Be nice to the Host, (He is our friend, (LOL)).

18. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Thank you to Mike for squaring things away and for Carl for designing such a very nicely detailed model!:)

Very much looking forward to seeing the Skylab...we are indeed fortunate that Carl is so driven to design so many models and I know I am not alone to count my blessings that he is sharing them with us all...Thanks, Carl!

19. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

It's all good... I screwed up and got called on it. :wink:

That oughta learn me, huh?? :grin:

No I gotta go back and fix my home page, since I over-wrote it.... I got all excited about Dinner and TV.... :cry:
  20. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I found this picture of a contractor model. Would this thru section type of display work for a interior view, (For those who want to build it that way). I am trying to figure out how to publish the parts, (Thinking of the builders this time, (as promised)).

Should We have a new thread for Skylab, (or should We have a Moonport thread to cover everything)?