Apollo CM & SM 1:24th Design/Build Thread

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

A Change of Typeface . . .

I think the previous headline typface of surfduke´s web page was more pleasant to look at. And more in line with the original home page´s typeface.

But that´s just my opinion . . .

All the best,
    Bengt :D
  2. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

That's a simple enough change, as the font was just the "default". I figured Arial would be easier to read, but it's a lot less coding to change it back.... (It's alot easier to delete a few words than addd them!!)
  3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Typefaces and Fonts

Hi MOS95B,

I´m glad you took the trouble of changing it back to the previous font. It´s looks very good now, I think.
    It´s my previous experience at an ad agency (some twenty years back) that 'kicks in' and I cannot ignore it when I see things in the whole design that are just a little bit inconsistent or irregular - sorry if I´m being 'picky'.

All the best,
    Bengt :roll:
  4. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

No apologies neccessary, Bengt! If you have advice to give, give it please. Sounds like you have the knowledge!!

I'm hoping to be able to find my archived HTML program and make the page look a bit better soon. Up til now, I've primarily been using Notepad, and a lot of Google searching to remind me of those HTML commands...
  5. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

I am putting the little finishes on now. I will have the Final out sometime a little later today. I will finish My beta build tomorrow, (So Mike can have the pictures to finish the instructions).

I know I said it would be published this morning, (But I had to take Mom to Walmart, (Anyone here have a relative in a wheel chair?), It takes a lot of Me to load, wheel Her around, and reload))). Not that I think it is a chore, (I would not trade one min. of My time left with Her).

Stand By,

6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Shoot Carl, I'm still astounded by how fast you produced this model!
    When you first started this project and described all that you wanted to accomplish,
    I figured it would be in the design stage for months!
    You are Speedy Gonzales with this stuff!:twisted:
    A few hour delay? Your months ahead in my book!8)

7. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

You have Your Priorities Right!

Hi Carl,

First things first, Carl! My mother also had a wheelchair in the last years of her life so I know what you are talking about.
    After all, our modeling is just a pastime (even if we take it a lot more seriously).

Give your Mom a warm hug and cherish her while you have her!
    All the best,
    Bengt :smile:
  8. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Thanks Guys!

I'm Back from My Family Duty!!

I have just sent Rev 10 to Be Hosted/Posted. I will not call it a final until I finish my build in the morning. I found a side window alignment problem during My build last night, (It is fixed in the release). I want to make sure We get it right before it is called final. In the future, (Projects will be posted with Beta title, and Rev#, (Until final)).

I think You will find it to be all there now. I still need to add the Scale marker.

I will check back in a little later,

I have not forgotten that We need the, "No Paint, Mylar Tape Pattern option", (It will be up sometime next week).

I want to poll the group, (What should We do after the SM, (LEM, or Final out Skylab?)?
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I just replaced Rv8 with Rev 10, and added the requested link.

Y'all have fun!!
  10. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Looks Great!

Thanks for posting it for download.

NULLMOON Member

looks like i wont be waiting for the delta kit no-more:-D
  12. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

could You indicate wich page did You modify from rev. 9 to rev. 10?
    I'm running out my paper stock printing all the pages every revision...:nope:

Thanks for the very astounding work :grin:

13. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

The Main Changes in REV 10

I changed the Nav windows, added templates for clear window film, fixed the interior bulkhead color, chaged the interior walls to fit better, and cleaned up the Sylab option page.

I am going to add more details to the walls, Chair mount flood lights, and the t.v. cameras, (In a option addendum, after SM project).

Hope this is the info You needed.

14. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

I will also still do a black chair support option in the addendum release, (I have had a lot of emails about that, (and wanting more accurate deatils on the walls)).

15. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

New and Enhanced Parts in Apollo 1:24th Scale CM Rev.10

I just printed it out the pages 2, 7, 10, 11, and 12 - there you have the new interior rendering and the completely new re-design of the storage compartments below and on each side the seats (with back supports), the enhanced top parts (docking tunnel exterior), the enhanced seat rendering (with attachments for the double seat belts), the lower/back interior walls (with thinner cutting and tab folding lines), and the new window parts (with thinner folding lines) and the cutting templates for the plastic foil windows.

Amazing work, Carl!
    Now the fun begins . . .

16. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Good Luck!

I just email David Weeks. I want him to have a look at the SM skin. What better review and comment could We get?

17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Cutting Away Now . . .

Hi Carl,

That must be one of the best possible sources! Furthermore, there is a lot of very qualified info on the SM in the SpaceInMiniature (SIM) book on the Apollo CSM by Mike Mackowski.

Thanks for your dedicated work!
    All the best,
    Bengt :roll:
  18. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Thanks for the Info

I will make a point to look into those refer. sources too.

19. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Thanks Bengt and Carl for the enhancement and for the information.
    I'm going to reprint, maybe in the reverse side :wink: , the new pages.

20. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Apollo Command Module 1:24 Scale Rev.10

Yes, Nando,

Good idea - I reverse/mirror-printed page 2, in fact. I will try today to add 2" aluminium duct tape in strips to the outer (flight) 'skin' and emboss the lines from the inside with a ball point pen or similar blunt tool.
    I this way, I hope to be able to get 'raised' relief contours around the windows, hatch and attitude thrusters, and perhaps later very thin lines to indicate the Mylar strips. We´ll see how it works out.