Apollo 15 Landing site diorama / 1:48 / freemodel

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by wedge, Jun 11, 2008.

1. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

I second our fellow modelers...just EXCELLENT work !!!

I am especially impressed with your photography. You really captured the hard shadows of the original lunar images we're all familiar with.

Truly a work of art.
  2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Very nice. Love it. Wonderful. Great photos.

No stars in the background though!
  3. gpw

gpw Member

Wow :-o

This looks excellent, Wedge. You did a fantastic job.
    Congratulations !!! :inw::inw::inw:

4. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

When it comes time to photograph your model, take it outside at night and fire the flash from the side to simulate the single point source of the sun. Great looking build!
  5. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Your Apoollo 15 Diaroma is breathtaking:eek::eek::eek:
    I second logicman POTW for sure:cool:
  6. wedge

wedge Member

Thank you all very much , I really appreciate your interest :) I was taking photos in the dark with one LED diod flashlight and with slow composition .
    Thank you again !!
  7. joeblow321

joeblow321 Member

Very nice job
    looks great
  8. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

My vote goes to this one

My compliments, astounding work.... But someone now could say that the moonlanding was a fake! ;-)

Best, Nando :thumb:
  9. col

col Member

Absolutely amazing model,my favourite craft too.
  10. logicman

logicman Greybeard

I second that, nando. :thumb::thumb:
  11. wedge

wedge Member

Thank you all , with the POTW nomination I´m not as sure as you , but thank you for your compliments and non-official nomination :wave: Very soon I will continue on my Shuttle and maybe I persuade myself for some upgrades :rolleyes:
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well I would have to agree its worthy and if my vote doesnt count then I dont know whose does :)

I made it POTW ;)

I do have one favor to ask of all members though... if you see a picture that you think is a great POTW nomination PM myself or a mod with the nomination as well :) that would help us a lot!
  13. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Well done, POTW. Got to be contender for POTY.
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

There will be a POTY vote as well but of course not til the end of the year ;)
  15. wedge

wedge Member

WoW - this is my first official success :) It means very much for me - thank you for nomination !!! :eek: I hope , that the "Y" means Year :mrgreen: But this is really to much for mesign1
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yes, Y means year :) congrats man - its well deserved
  17. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Congrats, Wedge, a well-deserved

18. wedge

wedge Member

It is still very suprising for me , because the LM was my second model , rover the third and the moon my first diorama :eek: So that is the reason why I´m so suprised:oops:
  19. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

These are your second and third card model ... and your first diorama ...

ALL apparently MUSEUM QUALITY from what I can see ...

My workmanship is still reminiscent of a kindergartener on a sugar high ...

Hmmmm ... Now where did I put those anti-depressant pills? Just kidding of course ...

Definitely worthy of Picture of the Year for both technique and photography. I'll be sending in my vote for your work.
  20. Patty

Patty King of Swaziland

VERY nice model. Best i have seen. As I believe Bengt noted about the lack of wind on the moon, the moving flag was most likely a result of the flag pole which i believe had a spring in it. The spring bouncing up and down created the "waves".